This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces

Here is a question.....What is in your opinion the best Special Force..The US Rangers,Navy SEALS,The SAS,The Russian Spetznaz...The French...well forget the French..

I have always been partial to the SAS..
    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Originally posted by MIKEMUN
    Here is a question.....What is in your opinion the best Special Force..The US Rangers,Navy SEALS,The SAS,The Russian Spetznaz...The French...well forget the French..

I have always been partial to the SAS..

Well I am not very partial . I ll say the SEALS, SAS are good . I googled a little and got something intersting :

Indian special forces tops
    Indian special forces team beat US, SA, UK and France in the macho-men competition!

Times of India: “Mention ‘Special Forces’ and the intrepid Israelis, the gung-ho Americans or the secretive British come to mind. But, it appears that it is the Indians who are the toughest of them all. This is what a gruelling contest determined last week.”

“The Israelis were not there, but a team of India’s 10 Special Forces (SF), led by Captain Krishnadas, outshone their counterparts from the US, South Africa, U.K., France, hosts Botswana and a clutch of African nations in the Kalahari desert.”

SAME STORY AGAIN

Indian special forces world’s toughest --UNI
    The Deccan Herald

http://www.meadev.nic.in/news/clippings/20020622/dh.htm

''Hard work pays,'' quipped Captain Krishnadas after his team secured the first position at the 'Exercise Airborne Africa - 2002' at Botswana, beating 28 teams from 12 countries. In the simulated real-war situation at Botswana, the Indian team emerged 'overall winners' at the June 8-11 'Endurance, Navigation and Evacuation' event in which participants from Botswana, France, Malawi, Malaysia, Senegal, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, UK, USA and Zimbabwe took part. The Indian team also won most of the 'individual medals'. Four others — Ghana, Lisotho, Namibia and Zambia — participated as 'Observers'.

While the Botswana Defence Force (BDF) came second and the South African Defence Forces (SANDF) third in the overall ranking, the second India team lead by Major Ranade came 15th in the event. The three-day annual event hosted by Botswana, and initiated by the South African Defence Forces (SANDF) in 2001, had India participating for the first time after General L M Fisher, Commander, Botswana Defence Force (BDF) invited it during his February visit to this country.

Led by Major Animish Ranade and Captain T R Krishnadas, the two Indian teams consisted of four officers and eight other ranks drawn from the Indian Parachute Regiment (Special Forces). The 'competition' comprised of a 35-km 'Endurance March', a 10-km Navigation Exercise, a 10-km Speed March, Casualty Evacuation of 10 kilometres and Combat Shooting of Rifle/Pistol, along with Observation and Surveillance and two Parachute Jumps, based on a point system that was matched with time taken by a team.

Attributing his team's success to ''real life experience got through fighting insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir and the North-East'', Captain Krishnadas said this helped them more than the 'practice' others teams went through before participating in the 'challenge'.

On what the team learnt from the 'participation', Major Ranade said: ''It was an eye-opener for us. The 'Westerners' whom we perceived as 'real toughies', in spite of being physically and equipment-wise pretty superior, proved 'lacking in mettle' when it came to 'mental challenge' in real-life conditions.'' “Our spirit of sacrifice, mental toughness and experience paid off,'' he added. The event organised to test the 'physical fitness, mental robustness and the will to endure under adverse conditions' was mainly to foster goodwill and improve relations between the airborne units of the participating nations.
    Headlines

Special Forces should be rated by their real time experience. for exp. US , British are using SF in Iraq , so they are having real good experience.

Israel, Russians and Indians are also using their SFs somewhere or around theie countries.

I dont know much much about other SF operations going on.

Some Good Images

Balikatan, Philippines 2002, a US Special Forces sniper participate in the hunt for terrorist

An Indian Para

Israel SF

Spetsnaz : Russian Special Forces
    Spetsnaz soldiers in a harsh training.

A Special Forces sniper team watches over the arrival of the Rangers during the NEO.

Aus special force

SAS

Greece SF

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEMUN
      ...The French...well forget the French..
      Not quite, the 1er RPIMa and 2nd REP (Foreign Legion), are one of the best in the world, they are rated even better than SEAL or US Rangers.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
        Not quite, the 1er RPIMa and 2nd REP (Foreign Legion), are one of the best in the world, they are rated even better than SEAL or US Rangers.

YA they can be best but i just gave alittle information on a exercise which really had taken place and Indian SF won. There may be some other incidents where someone else would have got the crown......

Lets say all are good with little exceptions .....

Comment

None are forces by themselves and extremely vulnerable to regular infantry.

Comment

The French have excellent and far-reaching special forces. They are also a good military overall, its stupid to think they suck because, they dont.

I dont think countries brought their best special forces to participate in this exercise, or i would have said, that either the rangers, spetsnaz, or some other foriegn team would have won hands-down. Im not saying that indian SFs arent good, but im saying they need better equipment, technology, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tu160mblackjack
              The French have excellent and far-reaching special forces. They are also a good military overall, its stupid to think they suck because, they dont.

I dont think countries brought their best special forces to participate in this exercise, or i would have said, that either the rangers, spetsnaz, or some other foriegn team would have won hands-down. Im not saying that indian SFs arent good, but im saying they need better equipment, technology, etc.

We should not say that countries didnt bring their best men . All come to win.

But if its true that countries didnt bring their best men then it implies to India also.

And Indian SF need better equipment, technology....???

Well India bought lots of arms and equipments from Israel for its SFs. there is one thread relating that.

You ll say that Israel's SF have best equipment then now Indians have the same.

When we say SF then all of them whether SEALS or SAS or others will have best equipment no doubt .

and i would like to repeat what i had stated earlier :

Special Forces should be rated by their real time experience. for exp. US , British are using SF in Iraq , so they are having real good experience.

Israel, Russians and Indians are also using their SFs somewhere or around theie countries.

And ITS HAPPENING EVERYDAY

Excellent Training , best equipment and LOTS OF EXPERIENCE

These are some of the main factors which world's best SF have.

Comment

It is illegal for members of the SAS regiments to identify themselves as such. Thus, no one from the SAS regiments registered for this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                  It is illegal for members of the SAS regiments to identify themselves as such. Thus, no one from the SAS regiments registered for this event.
                  So, just wondering, is the SAS a covert force?

Comment

There is nothing much to say....

All are good.

I have link for Indian SFs. You may have seen it before ..

INDIAN SPECIAL FORCES

Comment

21 SAS is. The rest of the SAS regiments are recee forces.

Comment

I know the French are good..That was just an inflammatory remark....
                        "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                          None are forces by themselves and extremely vulnerable to regular infantry.

I meant in their role such as intelligence gathering,reconnaisance,targeting,destabilization. .etc.......

Protester

Comment

I dont think countries brought their best special forces to participate in this exercise, or i would have said, that either the rangers, spetsnaz, or some other foriegn team would have won hands-down.
                            If a person is a member of the SOF them he is the best that has been sent. There are no exceptions. These are lame excuses.
                            Any unit that does not practise at unit level looses out.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                              If a person is a member of the SOF them he is the best that has been sent. There are no exceptions. These are lame excuses.
                              Any unit that does not practise at unit level looses out.
                              Ok man French are good.

Comment

Working...
                              X