Chemical castration for rapists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemical castration for rapists?

Poland is looking to introduce it, South Africa is toying with it and the USA has been doing studies on chemical castration for sex offenders.

Thought Leader » Michael Trapido » Chemical castration for rapists?

Is this viable?

Mike, so S.Africa is toying with it eh! Was that a play on words;) Seriously, the Human Rights brigade will jump on this like a tick on a dog. The poor criminal, just think of the indignity for him...sod the victim. Perhaps there could be a choice in Court of either a LONG prison sentence or a shorter period plus castration. This chemical castration question has been making the rounds in the UK for quite a few years but without the consent of the criminal I cannot see it being used as a punishment.

Comment

Dave couple of points - USA tests have shown it doesn't always work. Moreover there has to be a balance of convenience with the rights to be protected against crime versus eg right to dignity (offender).

In the case of rapists many believe their action should stand as a waiver of these rights.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
        without the consent of the criminal I cannot see it being used as a punishment.
        And I can understand why there would be a reluctance on the part of law makers to make castration mandatory for rape.

Whilst I would agree to voluntary castration for proven and serial offenders, the accusation of rape both within and external of marriage is becoming more prevalent as a means for some women to gain not only a virtual guarantee of spitefull vengance but also huge monetary gains.

At the moment, in Australia, a man who is accused of rape is guaranteed to be locked up no matter how spurious the claim.
        The onus to prove innocence is placed entirely on the man rather than the plaintif having to prove the claim because having been arrested the plaintif is now the crown.

This week, a female reporter wrote a lead story for News Ltd concerning violence perpetrated against men.
        The amount of responses the article got was huge (well over 300 comments) and mainly from men who had harrowing tales to tell and a good many of them concerning the accusation of rape.

AdelaideNow... Men can be domestic violence victims too

I suspect the above article was written because there has been other lesser articles written on the same subject, initially citing radical femminist web sites that gave advice and encouraged spurious claims af rape/domestic violence but more recently that type advice has found it's way onto more commomly used sites such as facebook and other more mainstream female forums.
        Some of these women have become quite blas'e about it and advise how to make those claims and end up with the house, the car and most of the assets of the relationship not just once but multiple times.

The law makers are aware of this trend but like all politicians, tend to want to sweep it under the carpet lest they earn the ire of a very media savy femminist lobby.

If it comes to pass that a man accused and found guility of rape is to be castrated unvoluntarily then an equal punishment for spurious claims must also be legislated.
        eg. A woman who makes a false claim of rape and that is susequently proven false, should face the removal of her ability to bear a child and the complete, permanent chemical removal of all libido.

A better choice all round is a complete overhaul of the education system so respect and honesty to each other is instilled at an early age.

I am not very politically correct,,,,too bad.

Cheers.

Comment

Great response Captain. As a criminal attorney I've seen plenty of spite in cases purportedly involving sex offenders.

That said where the charges are legit how stronly do we deal with them?

Comment

Why bother. A 1 day sentance in jail to be served in general pop should do with the sentance starting at yard time.

Comment

How do you chemically castrate?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Truly weird.

I suppose these nations will also chemically disable the hands of regular thieves/robbers and chemically disable the speech of liars.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                  How do you chemically castrate?
                  In the US, the hormonal drug Depo-Provera is often used. This is injected progesterone, used worldwide as a long-term female contraceptive, which also inhibits testosterone production in men. But nobody believes drugs are a magic bullet. Sex offending is usually about power, violence and humiliation - not libido.

Chemical castration has not yet been tested with the medical profession's gold standard test of using a placebo, so its effectiveness is not yet entirely proven.

This hormonal treatment will only work on the minority of offenders with uncontrollable sexual drive. It will be useless on paedophiles who molest children due to emotional, rather than sexual, needs.

This last sentence is rather worrying

Comment

Personally I think a set of pruning shears should do the trick. Just the thought of it by a would be rapist may make him decide to take a cold shower instead.
                    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

So it's all just bleeding hearts and liberals hoh?

:0)

Comment

Never mind the chemical castration, give them a physical castration followed up by a full frontal lobotomy

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                          Personally I think a set of pruning shears should do the trick. Just the thought of it by a would be rapist may make him decide to take a cold shower instead.
                          I think in some islamic countries they cut hands off if you steal
                          Maybe this would cut down crimerates ?

-Equalizer T-

Comment

For habitual offenders, or extreme cases the 3 chemical mixture should work well:

Sodium Thiopental then Vecuronium Bromide followed by Potassium Chloride.

Florida has used it, not on rapist though, and not one person that received that treatment has committed another crime. Nor have their been any complaints from the individual after the procedure was completed.

Sounds like a win/win to me

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                              For habitual offenders, or extreme cases the 3 chemical mixture should work well:

Sodium Thiopental then Vecuronium Bromide followed by Potassium Chloride.

Florida has used it, not on rapist though, and not one person that received that treatment has committed another crime. Nor have their been any complaints from the individual after the procedure was completed.

Sounds like a win/win to me
                              It gives people a false sense of security.

(maybe I am missing my own response, sorry if this is a repeat)

Deo Vindice

Comment

Working...
                              X