Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Freakin' Way!! I dont believe it!!

linked here
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - After years of dodging questions, former "American Idol" singer Clay Aiken will acknowledge he is a gay man in an interview with People magazine set to run on its Web site Wednesday, according to media reports.

Celebrity site Perezhilton.com on Tuesday published a photo of the cover of People magazine's upcoming issue on which Aiken cradles his new son, Parker Foster Aiken, in his arms.

The caption reads "Yes, I'm Gay," and underneath is a quote from Aiken on his decision to come out of the closet that says: "I cannot raise a child to lie or to hide things."

In August this year, Aiken's friend, music producer Jaymes Foster, gave birth to the baby fathered by Aiken.

A spokeswoman for People would neither confirm nor deny that Aiken told the magazine he is gay. But the magazine issued a statement saying, "We can confirm that Clay Aiken and his son appear on the next cover of People. For the complete story, visit people.com at 7 a.m. (EDT Wednesday) (1100 GMT) morning."

Aiken, 29, gained fame as a contestant on the No. 1-rated U.S. TV talent show "American Idol" in 2003. He was the runner-up that season but went on to build a solid singing career on his own. He currently appears on Broadway in "Monty Python's SPAMALOT."

For years, Aiken has dodged questions about whether he is homosexual despite persistent rumors on the subject. He has said, generally, that his sexuality was nobody's business but his own.

In 2006, ABC television's Diane Sawyer asked Aiken and he shot back that it was a "really rude" question. He also dodged it in a previous interview with People magazine saying that readers "are going to believe what they want."

Well, duh!!
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

:)) Not that there,s anything wrong with it.

Comment

This is news?

Comment

You could knock me over with a feather boa...
        Molon labe-Come and get them

Comment

Wow! Who woulda thunk that?
          "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

Definitely caught me by surprise.
            Last edited by gunnut; 25 Sep 08,, 00:34.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I am shocked
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Morning radio stated that some people were so upset they just couldn't cope.......Those people obviously need to get a life.
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Absolutely shocking.

By the way Debbie,slightly tardy congrats on your 4000th post:).
                  "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                    By the way Debbie,slightly tardy congrats on your 4000th post:).
                    Well thank you my dear. You may send congratulatory money if you would like or some other sort of gift that you would find suitable.
                    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                      Well thank you my dear. You may send congratulatory money if you would like or some other sort of gift that you would find suitable.
                      Such as a helmet.;):P
                      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                        Such as a helmet.;):P
                        Who wears one of those

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                          Who wears one of those
                          I for one never go anywhere without one. Not going to allow some coffee slurping cell phone yacking idiot to ruin my life because he either lacks patience or timing needed to provide safe distances.;)
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I for one never go anywhere without one.

Hey Dread, does this also count when you're not riding a motorcycle?

Sorry, couldn't resist, trying to work my way up to 600 posts.....

Comment

I for one never go anywhere without one.
                              That must be really tough in the shower.....Just how DO you get that hair on the top of your head washed. Oh wait you hang the helmet on your.....OH MY!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X