Missile Defence- An idea: ABM II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missile Defence- An idea: ABM II?

Perhaps a way to mollify Russian concerns, which may be only partly valid, but are valid nonetheless in some regards and also improve perception of the system, how about negotiating a replacement for the ABM treaty?

My initial idea would be a limit of both sides to 500 interceptor missiles a piece. 250 would be in fixed locations, 250 on ships or otherwise mobile.

The US could have its system and Russia could expand A-135.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    Perhaps a way to mollify Russian concerns, which may be only partly valid, but are valid nonetheless in some regards and also improve perception of the system, how about negotiating a replacement for the ABM treaty?

My initial idea would be a limit of both sides to 500 interceptor missiles a piece. 250 would be in fixed locations, 250 on ships or otherwise mobile.

The US could have its system and Russia could expand A-135.

Thoughts?
    Just settle the matter aim it right at them and pull the f'in trigger. Matter settled.:));)
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Personally I don't have the time of day for any idiot, *cough cough, Putin*, that thinks that ten interceptors on the wrong axis are going to cancel out thousands of missiles.
      I think that our illustrious friend Putin got some basic maths wrong

(Yes we can add more interceptors but how many does he think we have!?)
      Nulli Secundus
      People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

Captain,

The Russian PoV is not that the interceptors are in position to do anything but that they are interceptors and hence, 10 Russian SSMs have just been reduced from treaty limits. In short, they view those interceptors as cheats to treaty obligations.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          Captain,

The Russian PoV is not that the interceptors are in position to do anything but that they are interceptors and hence, 10 Russian SSMs have just been reduced from treaty limits. In short, they view those interceptors as cheats to treaty obligations.
          Thank you for clearing that up for me sir.

Those Russians really are petty;)
          Nulli Secundus
          People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that too.

How many interceptors, land and ship-based, does the US plan to have?

Comment

Working...
            X