Does Race Matter More To Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Race Matter More To Democrats

We've been told that Republicans are all rich white folks who cling to their guns and their religion and show antipathy towards immigrants and other races. But isn't racism more common with Democrat voters?

I've lived in the South for more years then I did the Northwest. But most of that time was in the military. I didn't know how many racists were in the South until I retired and started working with them.

Equality is something that has been a big part of military life since the 70s'. So I barely noticed racism at all. But once I started working in a factory and started talking with the locals here in Tennessee I found out a couple of things:

1. Most of them vote Democrat and always have voted Democrat.

2. Most of them don't like blacks and most of them hate Gays.

I've heard from my friends that because I'm married to an African-American that several of my co-workers have deemed me to be taboo, untouchable, not someone to socialize with.

It seems that in almost every case these people with these narrow and outdated viewpoints always vote Democrat.

How can Democrats reconcile that. How can people who hate minorities and Gays support a party that supports homosexuals and support Obama.

Maybe because they aren't really paying attention.

Fact is Republicans don't care as long as you believe in lower taxes and a strong military. They also want to support a pro-life candidate but that isn't as important as the other two. They don't care if you're a man or a woman or both. But for some reason it seems to matter more to Democrats. Yet we're told that the opposite is true. How is that possible?

They are democrats because they want more state benefits and don't care if that means higher taxes and less military speanding.

Comment

in this election race is dem's leverige.
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Of course race matters more to Dems. They love identity politics.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
          Of course race matters more to Dems. They love identity politics.

-dale
          It only matters when they can trumpet that race dont matter. Ask them if sex is a concern and you back them into a corner. To which they will reply "so long as its just our canidate" and not yours.;)
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I've been hearing about a poll that found that 1 out of 3 white Democrats harbors racist attitudes.

So 33% of the white voters Obama is counting on aren't planning on voting for him no matter what.

This could be the difference in the election. I think that Obama throwing out the race-card made this a certainty.

Most Republicans don't really care what color you are as long as you believe in conservative principles.

Comment

Democrats have a better PR machine, dating back to the FDR era. Elenor Roosevelt successfully marketed the Democratic Party to blacks as "party of the people." Democrats basically bought black votes with more and more welfare programs. When republicans opposed such programs, democrats just throw out the term "racist" and all is well.

Then we have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton out there to fan the flame. Do they truely believe white people are holding back blacks? I don't know. But I'm sure they know they'd be out of a job if black people don't need to be told about how bad things are.

And of course there's white guilt which drove some (mostly young) to the dems. A young engineer at my previous work said blacks can do whatever to him, he deserved it. I'm not sure if he knew whether his family owned any slaves. Even so, how does past guilt translates to him? He also believed in this thing called "institutionalizd racism" where policies are set up to hurt black people. I asked him to give me an example. He said the "Bush tax cut." I asked how so. He said black people don't get as much. I asked black people making the same amount of money don't get the same tax cut? He said no. So I ask how is that "institutionalized" racism? He had no answer. But he's pretty sure white people are racists.

Guess what? He's a devout democrat.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I love the fact that if anyone actually chooses not to vote for Stinky specifically because he's kinda black, then that means they would have voted for him if he was kinda white, which means they agree with his politics, which means they agree with hard left policies, which means they are not Republicans, and are most likely Democrats.

Go Dems! You're so bad at this.

-dale

Comment

Working...
                X