Hello Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Again

Well I went back to work this week. I was so excited about it since I was home for just over three months with the baby and Mackenzie and I am not the "stay at home mom" type. Now that I am here, it seems I have forgotten nearly all of what I knew before I left. :( I used to be able to do my job half asleep and with my eyes closed. Now I am sitting here trying to remember how to log into all the programs and databases.

Ike did not help anything. Fuel supply in the south and southeast suks right now and that stress is not helping me to fall into my old seat any better.

Family updates:

Confed is doing good. Now that I am back at work he is going to be spending time alone with the girls in the morning, getting Mackenzie off to school and taking Dharma to my moms before he goes to work himself. Then, since he is off during the week, he will have two days each week home with the baby alone ALL DAY! He'll also have to entertain Mackenzie and all her little friends after school on those days. I wish him luck - he'll need it.

Mackenzie is settling into 1st grade well. She has been learning all her spelling word exceptionally well and has made quite a few friends. She adores Dharma and constantly dotes over her.

Dharma is growing like crazy. 3 months already!! It is amazing that it went so fast. She is a pretty good baby..happy most of the time and has been sleeping through the night for quite a while now.

Mandalay has grown into a 65 pound, 7.5 month old German Shepherd puppy. She has an estimated 15 more pounds to go before she stops as her mom was 80 and her dad was 90 pounds. She is learning what she wants and laughing at the rest....AHHH, The teenage dog years. She really is going to be a good dog when we get out of the oversized puppy stage.

There are pictures of the brood here if anyone is interested. Not a lot, but a few.

HOORRAY View shared photos

I hope to be able to spend more time here again now that I am back to work and have more time :) .
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Emily, good to hear from you. Now, about Hillary?

Comment

Was thinking about you the other night, glad all is well.
      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        Emily, good to hear from you. Now, about Hillary?
        ARGH, Colonel...I am afraid the Democrats have failed me this election. I kinda see the whole thing as a damned if we choose this one and damned more if we choose that one kind of situation.
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
          ARGH, Colonel...I am afraid the Democrats have failed me this election. I kinda see the whole thing as a damned if we choose this one and damned more if we choose that one kind of situation.
          Isn't it ALWAYS that way?
          Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Emily, how nice to hear from you again. Good also to hear Confed and Family are in tip-top form and I love the photo's.:) Don't worry about work..before you can say.. acetylmethylcarbinolacetylphenylhydrazine aminoacetophenetidineanarchoindividualistanatomico chirurgicalanatomicopathologicalanatomicophysiolog ic.. you will have it of to a T:)):))

Comment

Hello THL.It's good to see you back and I'm glad all is well with the family:).
              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

THL

Great to see you back.

Honestly missed you and your chatty threads.

How's Confed doing?

Please give him my warm regards.

Great to hear about your children.

Nice name Dharma.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

It's nice to have you back again. We can use a little more liveliness in the Pub again. :)
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

thank you for the warm welcome back...I have really missed this place. Funny that I have more time to visit while I am at work than while I was home not working. ( darn kids are like leeches sucking all my time away from me :) )

Comment

WB THL I hope all is good for you and yours.:)
                      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Welcome back. The family looks great. Glad to hear everyone is fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X