Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any courses like military sciences ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any courses like military sciences ??

Just curious...Do universities offer courses in Military Science or similar stuff like weapon designing..etc. ?

If they do..then is it practical ?
    " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

I believe there are, but I think they are things like Master Degree's after a more basic degree in a science.

One of my friends just finished a masters in what us basically rocket science (He just landed a job with ESA) and he said some people on his course worked for a defence company (more than likely BAE I suppose).

Comment

Yes, the Madras University and Pune University has courses in Defence Studies.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        Yes, the Madras University and Pune University has courses in Defence Studies.
        Sir,

What is included in Defence Studies ? Only weapons or strategies and tactics too ?
        " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Strategy, History of Warfare and all that stuff.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

@RAY
            sir i read on the IDSA website that one can become a lifetime associate by paying 6000 rupees but it does not mention whether civilians can apply or join can you please clarify.

Comment

I think anyone can become a member of IDSA.

There are many civilian research scholars and the have publications and lectures and all that.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Sir,

What is the scope of such courses.. ?
                Through IAS in the govt. ?
                " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Working...
                X