Turkey's Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey's Army

What equipment does the Turkish army use? Tanks and such.

why dont u try google.com. If u still have somethin to debate about it would be more interesting of a topic than this.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
      why dont u try google.com. If u still have somethin to debate about it would be more interesting of a topic than this.
      We gave them most of there stuff. So I am guessing they use M16s. But I think the leopard 2 is there Main Battle Tank.

Comment

Only elite units use the M-16 the normal rifleman use the G-3.

For tanks the have the Leo-2, Leo-1, M-60A1
        For APCs they have AIFV, M-113
        For SP Artillery they have M-110, M-109, M-108, M-52

And I'm to lazy to say the rest....
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

You can check the equipment of Turkish Armed Forces at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Land_Forces

The standart infantrymen rifle is the G3A7 which is produced locally. At the squad level this is supported by MG3. AK-47s purchased following the unification of Germany are also widely seen.

Lately a new infantry modernization program has been launched to discard the MG3/G3 combination and switch to 5.56 mm weapons. Until now this change has been slow with the HK 33 being introduced to selected units for trial purposes.

Comment

I had no idea Turkey was that well equipped. Guess its a good idea to have a strong military considering their neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by VarSity View Post
              I had no idea Turkey was that well equipped. Guess its a good idea to have a strong military considering their neighbors.
              Turkey is regionally strong,

TURKEY JOINS F-35 JSF DEVELOPMENT

Turkish Armed Forces is following the Ataturk's saying : "Yurtta Sulh Cihanda Sulh" which means Peace at Home, Peace at World"
              Last edited by Big K; 19 Jun 07,, 12:06.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                Turkish Armed Forces is following the Ataturk's saying : "Yurtta Sulh Cihanda Sulh" which means Peace at Home, Peace at World"

Peace at home..... at what cost tho...???
                Your armed forces have been ruling the turkish people for hundreds of years, and still do, to this day...!

you are not badly equiped, you can keep the peace within, just about. But you have no projection power outside your borders, you are strong internally if any country were to inavde or attack, but arnt able to do the latter to any country.

Comment

Originally posted by Simullacrum View Post
                  Peace at home..... at what cost tho...???
                  Your armed forces have been ruling the turkish people for hundreds of years, and still do, to this day...!

you are not badly equiped, you can keep the peace within, just about. But you have no projection power outside your borders, you are strong internally if any country were to inavde or attack, but arnt able to do the latter to any country.
                  My friend regarding to your thoughts i understand that you have ANY idea about Turkey.

only hearsays...

Turkish Armed Forces is coming from the HEART of this nation.

When a family send his son to military service which called "Vatan Borcu" means "we OWE something to these lands and our martyrs"

anyway during the sending ceremony of our boys to military service we make many entertainmets..THERES NO OTHER NATION WHO SEND HIS BOYS WITH DRUMS AND HORNS TO MILITARY SERVICE

we have a proverb "vatan sağolsun" when a boy become a Martyr mothers and fathers say so...which means "long live fatherland" crying after the martyrs is not a tradition in here...

so

TAF is not "ruling" Turkey, because TAF is we and we are TAF....this is why TAF is unbeatable because you can not beat a whole nation...

as an addition according to (Turkish or Foreigner) ALL PUBLIC OPINION SURVEYS TAF is the most reputable and accredited organisation in Turkey...
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Simullacrum View Post
                    you are strong internally if any country were to inavde or attack, but arnt able to do the latter to any country.
                    BTW, we dont NEED this...but if needed you can count on us... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                      My friend regarding to your thoughts i understand that you have ANY idea about Turkey.

only hearsays...

Turkish Armed Forces is coming from the HEART of this nation.

When a family send his son to military service which called "Vatan Borcu" means "we OWE something to these lands and our martyrs"

anyway during the sending ceremony of our boys to military service we make many entertainmets..THERES NO OTHER NATION WHO SEND HIS BOYS WITH DRUMS AND HORNS TO MILITARY SERVICE

we have a proverb "vatan sağolsun" when a boy become a Martyr mothers and fathers say so...which means "long live fatherland" crying after the martyrs is not a tradition in here...

so

TAF is not "ruling" Turkey, because TAF is we and we are TAF....this is why TAF is unbeatable because you can not beat a whole nation...

as an addition according to (Turkish or Foreigner) ALL PUBLIC OPINION SURVEYS TAF is the most reputable and accredited organisation in Turkey...

What alot of Drivle..!!

Im not going to argue with you..it has been done manier times within these forums about the turks, and turkey as a nation.
                      many Truks cannot see past there nose, in regards to there nation, history, and the outside world. Plenty here in these forums, that that prove my point.
                      The only one turk im starting to give some regards to in here is ucar, he seems down to earth so far.

Comment

Sim, Turkey is a democracy and as far as the military being in charge I have never had that impression. In face Turkey has had a fair few military coup's (Which I think was to enforce the government to remain seperate from religion)and its a good sign of the Military professionalism that they have not attempted to KEEP power.

(The above is just off the top of my head and could be totally wrong, but I would say its the opinion of a day 2 day man)

Comment

What democracy..like whats goin on now in turkish politics... you call that democracy.... European council had to send a stronge message to turkey armed forces not to intervine in what was happening.

Look into there History of Turkey, then you will have a greater understanding.
                          democracy in name. Its only the past few years that Turkey has pulled its finger out if it arse, and is trying to compley with human rights, and democracy, casuse it wants to join the E.U. And thats the majour reason.
                          Why do you think it hasen been allowed to apply for mebership before hand.??

How many people disapered because they dared speak out about the government or military...thats is some democracy there..!
                          What about democracey to the kurdish people..? why dont they have a say..?

Like i says im leaving it at that.....its been done to death in these forums. Read up on it.!
                          Last edited by Simullacrum; 19 Jun 07,, 16:53.

Comment

Hell no one will argue with you there Sim, I just think they have a well equipped army is all.

They also seem to be able to take orders alot better than alot of other militaries in the middle east.

Im sure I read a post somewhere titled "Why Arabs lose wars", Turkey seems to avoid that sort of thing.

Hopefully turkey will continue to improve its human rights record and maybe even start making apologies.

Comment

Iv had the fortune or misfortune depnds on how you see it to train and have some of them under my command. Arrogant bunch least to say, but made them eat humble pie in the end. [you get arrogance all over the place, it aint confined to turks]
                              There not bad when they put down there arragonce, and use there heads, takes time for them to get there.
                              But all in all not bad. Like i said before they can hold there own in there land, but cannot project and sustain power without outside help.

Comment

Working...
                              X