Model site to buy from...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model site to buy from...

Hi I'm startin to get back into models and was wondering if there is a great site that has models that I could buy. Preferrably with all time periods.

I'd suggest you PM Nord, he is great at this sort of stuff :)
    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help. One last question, I'm sorry, but can you help me find Nord so I can PM him.

Comment

Originally posted by erik View Post
        Thanks for the help. One last question, I'm sorry, but can you help me find Nord so I can PM him.
        No probs, click on User CP, then select Send New Message from the menu, set the Recipient name to Nord and fire away :)

Comment

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Try squadron.com and internethobbies.com

They both have a lot of stuff to choose from, although it's not the same as going to the neighborhood hobby store.
            "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

If you are interested in ship models, contact The Scale Shipyard (William L. Upshaw). They make fiberglass hulls, some turrets with barrels, some superstructure shells (Iowa Class in particular), resin castings of lifeboats, doors, etc. and photo-etched brass of life rails, accomodation ladders, radar antennas, etc.

That is if you like large models. He has two sizes of Iowa hulls. The most popular one for R/C modellers is 1:96 and over 9-feet long. And you need a large model building area to build on his Nimitz hull.

I'm not trying to commercialize for Lee, but his hulls not only meet the demands of the serious R/C modeller but have been bought by the US Navy and even some foreign museums.

And it saves you about a year or two of work building the hull and STILL can be considered "Scratch Built" at most model shows.
              Attached Files
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

What sort of models are you looking for? Ships? Armored Vehicles? Personnel? Planes?

Comment

Thanks again guys for all the help and information.

I currently am looking for Ships, Armored Vehicles, Aircraft.... anything you can name off that involves the military.

I'm just starting back up, so Dale gave me a wonderful site, but any site with these types of models I would greatly appreciate.

The 3 models I have completed before I kind of lost time was an F-14 Tomcat, F-117, and a T-55 tank.

Comment

Originally posted by erik View Post

The 3 models I have completed before I kind of lost time was an F-14 Tomcat, F-117, and a T-55 tank.
                    Go ahead, post some pictures mate :)

Comment

Working...
                    X