PDA

View Full Version : Slow WAB?

glyn
06 Aug 08,, 09:53
I am finding WAB becoming slow. Clicking on a thread or a post within the thread used to be instantaneous but now there is invariably a couple of seconds (sometimes longer) to wait. Is the bandwidth being taken up by all the music videos that have been appearing? Perhaps we should just mention the titles instead.

Shek
06 Aug 08,, 10:13
I am finding WAB becoming slow. Clicking on a thread or a post within the thread used to be instantaneous but now there is invariably a couple of seconds (sometimes longer) to wait. Is the bandwidth being taken up by all the music videos that have been appearing? Perhaps we should just mention the titles instead.

We're about ready to roll out a pay version of WAB that runs faster. Need to distinguish the two products :))

Shek
06 Aug 08,, 10:15
Just kidding! The videos shouldn't slow down anything since it's simply a link with a very low-res picture image.

Also, I'm accessing through Germany right now and it's running at the normal speed for me.

dave lukins
06 Aug 08,, 11:20

Sounds like you need to run the Disc Cleanup and the Defragment program.

Debbie
06 Aug 08,, 14:58

It's not the WAB it's your ISP.

glyn
06 Aug 08,, 16:03
We're about ready to roll out a pay version of WAB that runs faster. Need to distinguish the two products :))

I know you're joking Shek, but I actually proposed having a paid subscription over a year ago as a suggestion for avoiding spammers and wannabe fan-boys.

glyn
06 Aug 08,, 16:04
Sounds like you need to run the Disc Cleanup and the Defragment program.

I'll give it a whirl, Davekins. :)

glyn
06 Aug 08,, 16:05
It's not the WAB it's your ISP.

And how perzackly do you know that, Miss Debbie?:confused:

crooks
06 Aug 08,, 16:39

Plus it would mean ye don't have to listen to the atrocious music anymore - my Cornish friend, you are a devious one :));)!

In all seriousness though, it happens to me the odd time as well, I'm not a technical person but the best thing to do would be check the auld internet box, and maybe run a check on your computer.

Does it happen with any other sites?

Southie
06 Aug 08,, 16:52
WAB...............isn't..................slow..... .................on..................my........... ..................computer.......................! ............................:biggrin:

Debbie
06 Aug 08,, 17:22
And how perzackly do you know that, Miss Debbie?:confused:

I deal with at least one phone a week where I work with the same complaint. It's not the site that is trying to be accessed its the Internet Service Provider.:biggrin:

glyn
06 Aug 08,, 18:21
I deal with at least one phone a call where I work with the same complaint. It's not the site that is trying to be accessed its the Internet Service Provider.:biggrin:

I think you are right. :) I have performed Disc Cleanup (which took a while) but my computer informs me that I do not need to Defragment. I still find WAB to be slow.:redface:

King Six
06 Aug 08,, 18:57
Might be your internet connection, check if other websites are slower than usual. Do all the usual virus/adware scanning and all that too, make sure nothing is stealing your internets

Wooglin
06 Aug 08,, 19:26
Clean out your temporary internet files.

glyn
06 Aug 08,, 22:08
Clean out your temporary internet files.

I did that. They were enormous!:eek:

gunnut
07 Aug 08,, 00:20
Glyn, maybe your glorious government is snooping your internet traffic...:eek:

You better watch out for those black helicopters at night...:))

omon
07 Aug 08,, 00:43
mine actually got faster in the last couple of weeks, sorry glyn, i have no idea why, could be my isp cablevision added points, and freed up exsisting ones, but it is purely my guess.

Julie
07 Aug 08,, 04:39
Glyn, have you downloaded important updates to your computer lately? You might want to check on that. ;)

dave lukins
07 Aug 08,, 09:52
It'll be a minor glitch and will sort itself out shortly

It'll be a minor glitch and will sort itself out shortly:biggrin::biggrin:

Knaur Amarsh
07 Aug 08,, 10:00
mine actually got faster in the last couple of weeks

A kindered spirit:biggrin:

:eek:For some strange reason WAB works faster than other sites on my computer