Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California: Name Change on Ballot..George W Bush sewage treatment plant a possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California: Name Change on Ballot..George W Bush sewage treatment plant a possibility

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/19/us...in&oref=slogin

The effort to rename a sewage treatment plant in honor — sort of — of President Bush will be put to San Francisco voters in November. The measure’s supporters comfortably exceeded the minimum number of signatures — 7,168 — required for inclusion on the ballot. If the measure passes, the Oceanside Water Pollution Control plant will become the George W. Bush sewage plant. City Republican leaders remain furious at the prospect and pledged to campaign hard against the measure.

Illegitimi non carborundum

LOL

I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO

Comment

Pathetic.
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Ah, a little dangerous, methinks! The other side could bide its time and when they are in the majority could start naming mental institutions and gaols after rival politicians.
        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
          Pathetic.
          What more would you expect from a bunch thats interested in nothing but hole surfing. The land of Adam and Steve.:P
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

wow, who would have thought americans could try for british-style humour (with a u)? septic tanks indeed.
            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
              Ah, a little dangerous, methinks! The other side could bide its time and when they are in the majority could start naming mental institutions and gaols after rival politicians.
              Ooooh I like that
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Hah! I like it.
                I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

On a (somewhat) related matter :

George W. Bush Toilet Paper

Comment

Bloody amateurs.

If you want an example of truly brilliant naming of a public facility, you will travel a long way to beat Melbourne's Harold Holt Swim Centre - re-named in memory of Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt 2 years after he DROWNED!

Bit like naming a shooting range after JFK.:))

City of Stonnington (Internet) - History of Harold Holt Swim Centre
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Bloody amateurs.

If you want an example of truly brilliant naming of a public facility, you will travel a long way to beat Melbourne's Harold Holt Swim Centre - re-named in memory of Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt 2 years after he DROWNED!

Ouch!

Maybe they want to inspire more people to learn how to swim...:))
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                        Bloody amateurs.

LOL

I LOVE MELBOURNE

Comment

1) Takes a poo to know a poo
                          2) Poo sticks on him and not on you
                          3) Takes a dunk in poo and comes out smelling like a rose ---- dunked in poo
                          4) There is money to be made in poo.......and plastics
                          5) I love the smell of poo in the morning
                          6) Wait do you smell that......why it's.......poo
                          7) Taking a poo never means having to say you're sorry
                          8) Leaving a poo never means one is constipated
                          9) Eat my poo!!!!
                          10) I swear sir, the poo was right over there
                          11) You can't handle the poo

Ahhhhhhhh.......pooooooooooooo.
                          Last edited by Debbie; 23 Jul 08,, 20:18.
                          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Working...
                          X