• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Shall Be Naked - Almost

Oregon woman plans to parade topless on July 4
    The Associated Press
    Article Last Updated: 06/17/2008 11:19:48 PM CDT

ASHLAND, Ore.—A woman seen frequently in Ashland riding topless on her bicycle says she plans to be in Ashland's Fourth of July parade free and independent of all clothing but a hemp G-string. The Chamber of Commerce says that's contrary to the rules for the family celebration. She says she'll sue if she can't parade as she wishes.
    Jen Moss has been known as "The Naked Lady" since she moved to Ashland in May from Ojai, Calif., drawn by the town's nudity laws. They specify only that people must cover their genitalia in a city park or the downtown commercial district, which means Moss need not cover her breasts.

The police in California, she says, harassed her when she rode her bicycle wearing a G-string and pasties.

Moss applied for an entry for the parade, which draws thousands each year.

The Ashland Chamber of Commerce learned of her coverage plans from an online posting. She promised to lead in-line skaters "wearing only a hemp G-string and blowing a conch shell."

"We don't feel that someone in the parade who is topless or nearly naked is appropriate for a family audience," said parade chairman James Kidd.

He said a letter was sent to Moss on Monday and wouldn't speak specifically about the chamber's position until he was certain that she had received the letter.

Kidd did say that parade rules clearly indicate that entries must be appropriate for a family audience. He also said he understood that the Ashland city ordinance allows women to be topless.

"She's welcome on any other day of the year to do that," he said. "But not on the Fourth of July while in the parade."

City Council member Eric Navickas said he's on Moss's side.

If she can't be in the parade, Navickas said, it would be "an interesting commentary on our society that we're willing to tolerate dead bodies through our aggressive foreign policy from the war, but not healthy, naked bodies."

Moss told the Ashland Daily Tidings in an e-mail that if she can't be nearly naked in the parade, she would "run around near naked protesting their unconstitutional(ism) and un-Americanism." And she said, she would ask the American Civil Liberties Union for help in a lawsuit.

———

Information from: The Ashland Daily Tidings, Ashland Daily Tidings :: Online Edition :: 06-18-2008
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
    city ordinance allows women to be topless
    Who can argue with that?:))

(there should be an age minimum and maximum though...)

Comment

I find this disgraceful. I wish to fly immediately to speak face to errrm;)with this lady. After many many hours listening to hers points of view, as well a mine, make a decision on the issue of wearing Hemp!! underware:))

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
        I find this disgraceful. I wish to fly immediately to speak face to errrm;)with this lady. After many many hours listening to hers points of view, as well a mine, make a decision on the issue of wearing Hemp!! underware:))
        Quite a few misspelled words there Mr Lukins. Not flustered, are you?
        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
          Just the thought Southie makes his heart go pitter-patter and then there isn't enough blood going to the thinking brain when it is going to the other brain.
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Well, it all depends on how good looking she is. Ugly women should not be topless.

Wait...sorry, that's not nice. I meant to say "those with moderate to severe appearance deficit" should not be topless.
            Last edited by gunnut; 18 Jun 08,, 17:48.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Worthless without pictures - found on the google
              Attached Files
              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                Well, it all depends on how good looking she is. Ugly women should not be topless.

Wait...sorry, that's not nice. I meant to say "those with moderate to severe appearance deficit" should not be topless.
                Regarding the link below - It's not topless at all but it is ugly. The first time I saw this my eyes didn't function correctly for 3 days. It's Wisconsin - we love all things cheese and make things to resemble cheese such as the cheese bra this woman is wearing. Too bad her body looks kind of like cheese too.

PackerTime - Green Bay Packers Cheesehead Women's Game Day Cheese Bra

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
                  It's just extra hot here today(16f):) and the sweat is in my eyes.;)

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post

Ugly woman? ..darn..never thought of looking at her face:))

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                      Just the thought Southie makes his heart go pitter-patter and then there isn't enough blood going to the thinking brain when it is going to the other brain.
                      I vote the southern hemisphere.:))

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                        It's just extra hot here today(16f):) and the sweat is in my eyes.;)

The cheese bra has strange effects making you feel that it is warmer in the room than normal - I suggest drinking copius amounts of alcohol to forget.

Comment

Naked, cuckoo, tree -huggin, hippies! Only kind of hippie I like!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                            Naked, cuckoo, tree -huggin, hippies! Only kind of hippie I like!
                            Ah,don't we all:))
                            When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
                              Worthless without pictures - found on the google
                              Leave it to Troung to find pictures of near naked women ... if she had guns, he would have stored the pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X