Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will Amaze You!

Amazing Grace: Just the Black Notes! « Already Not Yet

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Interesting. That also works with Chinese music.
    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Amazing Grace is a well-known hymn whose lyrics were written by Englishman John Newton (ex-slave trader turned minister!) for Christmas 1772. The melody is much older and is either Scottish or Irish in origin and appears to have been intended for bagpipes. Negro slaves may well have adopted it, but it cannot be thought of as a traditional spiritual.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Thanks Ray!

Amen.

Comment

I never knew that the Negro spirituals, as the gentleman says, were only played on the black notes of the piano!!

And what a powerful singer!!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
            I never knew that the Negro spirituals, as the gentleman says, were only played on the black notes of the piano!!

And what a powerful singer!!
            Paul Robeson...now he was a singer:)

Comment

What a load of old tosh. Snake Oil

For bloody starters the interval can be done on white keys. The tune is based on a sea shanty. Who wrote the lyrics and considered the messure?

Ka-ka.

Twats like he exploit slavery to milk a guilible congregation. The worst sophist.
              Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Cute, isn't he?

And he got away, who ho, Chap?

I believe it was at the Wembley!!

Really amazing in all respect.

Seen Amistad?

That was powerful and all credit to the US system!! And it worked even though those were difficult times.

I, of course, dislike people capitalising on sorrow, no matter which people they are.

Forgive and Forget is what is the best thing that can happen!
                Last edited by Ray; 15 Jun 08,, 07:15.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                X