Members List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members List

The members list has been disabled. There must be a reason for doing so, but I can't think what that might be. Can someone in authority enlighten us, please?:)
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

We've experienced issues with it being used to send spam messages, due to the ease of using it to do so. I have temporarily disabled it until the problem passes.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

so thats why people have stopped trying to convert me to islam, or true islam as they though I was already one. Well thank you very much Duke.

Comment

With a name like Tarek, it sure gives the impression that you are of Islam.

I am not surprised that you have been asked to be a true Mussalman and a Momin!

My pet name is Salim and it also causes confusion for people of the Islamic faith!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
          so thats why people have stopped trying to convert me to islam, or true islam as they though I was already one. Well thank you very much Duke.
          I was unaware of that... who was doing this?

Comment

BONA FIDE a two weeks ago, but Parihaka took care of that (apparantly he wrote to every member who had a name that or a nationality that implied that he was a muslim.

I got my name due my family living for a few years in Saudi Arabia (my father teached engineers at the king saudi university). They did not realize that it apparrantly translates into morningstar or lightbringer (i.e. Lucifer), though when I told them a few years ago they the found it quite fitting...

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen
              They did not realize that it apparrantly translates into morningstar or lightbringer (i.e. Lucifer), though when I told them a few years ago they the found it quite fitting...
              Heh, I looked it up. Tarek means "morningstar" all by itself, so Tarek Morgen could be translated as "morningstar morning." :)

Comment

actually I wanted to use Tarek as my nick which would be Morningstar Morningstar but that was too long *g* My actual last name would translate into somthing like "Clan"

I have a friend with whom I regulary play strategy games online. While I use Tarek as my nick, he uses an elvish name from the middle-earth lore. Apparrantly some people thing that his name sounds quite jewish which leads us to be insulted as a damned jew, and a frigging camel riding towel head terrorist (thats me) at the same time. (This mostly saddly happens by teenagers from the U.S. and U.K. Turks get angry at me too...because I "refuse" to talk in turkish (since I dont know any) and they never believe me that I am German and often think that I am a "traitor" who abandoned his "true turkish roots" or something like that)

Comment

rofl, through internet lol

oh wait, its late, and im buzzed, I should go to sleep

Comment

actually I wanted to use Tarek as my nick which would be Morningstar Morningstar but that was too long *g* My actual last name would translate into somthing like "Clan"

I have a friend with whom I regulary play strategy games online. While I use Tarek as my nick, he uses an elvish name from the middle-earth lore. Apparrantly some people thing that his name sounds quite jewish which leads us to be insulted as a damned jew, and a frigging camel riding towel head terrorist (thats me) at the same time. (This mostly saddly happens by teenagers from the U.S. and U.K. Turks get angry at me too...because I "refuse" to talk in turkish (since I dont know any) and they never believe me that I am German and often think that I am a "traitor" who abandoned his "true turkish roots" or something like that)
                    sigpicaction speaks louder than words

Comment

You just can't win, can you? While certainly not to your degree, it reminds me of my days at StrategyPage.com where in the same thread I'd be called both a flaming liberal and a mindless conservative just posts apart
                      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                        The members list has been disabled. There must be a reason for doing so, but I can't think what that might be. Can someone in authority enlighten us, please?:)
                        Joe told me you wanted the members list re-opened. I'm handling the issue.

I've heard there's something in the 3.7 software patch, with its CAPTCHA images, fixed timers, IP and email address spammer recognition, IP proxy busters (and IP proxy buster buster busters), as well as reverse telemetricking, which if properly implemented may fix the problem we are experiencing.

Let me know why you'd like it re-opened, if it's an absolute necessity I may be willing to re-open it for a brief period. I'll see what the 3.7 vBulletin upgrade does to fix the problem then based on that reconsider whether to re-open it on a permanent basis.

Comment

BONA FIDE a two weeks ago, (apparantly he wrote to every member who had a name that or a nationality that implied that he was a muslim.
                          Well not exactly - I got one too, but maybe he figured I needed more help than what could be offered by own religion
                          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Well he might also have been looking for 72 female virgins at the same time.

Comment

Well he might also have been looking for 72 female virgins at the same time.
                              Well, it's been quite awhile so perhaps I do qualify once again.

Oh come on, someone was going to give this a good retort when they figured out something that would passby the censors.......
                              Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Working...
                              X