Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Bra To The Rescue

Yeah. I dont think so.

TOKYO (Reuters) - Ladies, take your battle for the environment a little closer to your heart with a solar-powered bra that can generate enough electric energy to charge a mobile phone or an iPod.

Lingerie maker Triumph International Japan Ltd unveiled its environmentally friendly, and green colored, "Solar Power Bra" on Wednesday in Tokyo which features a solar panel worn around the stomach.

The panel requires light to generate electricity and the concept bra will not be in stores anytime soon, said Triumph spokeswoman Yoshiko Masuda, as "people usually can not go outside without wearing clothes over it."

But it does send the message of how lingerie could possibly save the planet, Masuda said, adding that the bra should not be washed or sunned on a rainy day to avoid damaging it.

Being eco-friendly is now fashionable in Japan, and the "Solar Energy Bra" follows the company's other green-themed undergarments that include a bra that turns into a reusable shopping bag and one that featured metal chopsticks to promote the use of reusable chopsticks.
    "It is very comfortable and I can really feel involved in eco-friendly efforts as well," model Yuko Ishida said.
    Linked Here
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

No way would I wear something like that
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
      No way would I wear something like that
      No bra I am ever going to need is going to be big enough to use as a reusable shopping bag even if I am shopping at the house of miniatures. :(

Also, the last thing I want is in the middle of the day, when I am feeling a little sluggish, is for my bra to decide that it needs to take on its "saving the planet superpowers" and wisk me away on some earth saving solar powered adventure.

And can you imagine the gross version of men that would be approaching women asking the women if they can use thier b00bs to "plug in their iPods". Ewwww.
      Last edited by THL; 15 May 08,, 15:32.
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I want a bra that is sexy and plunges and barely keeps things in. This solar bra - how is one supposed to feel good wearing this? It looks horrible and makes those old bras that grandma used to wear look good.

Never fear THL - maybe they will come out with a version for men that fits in their pants called the "P" holster.
        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Mmmmm, sun-warmed b00bies.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post

-dale
            Most men would prefer them on cooler side for 2 obvious reasons

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post

-dale

You can see those on some beaches without the constriction of a horrible looking green bra! Hey but it does come with matching panties! ;)
              Attached Files
              “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
              "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                Also, the last thing I want is in the middle of the day, when I am feeling a little sluggish, is for my bra to decide that it needs to take on its "saving the planet superpowers" and wisk me away on some earth saving solar powered adventure.
                I am...speechless. Simply speechless.

I've been trying to think of a funny reply to this but all I can do is chuckle to myself.

I want a bra that is sexy and plunges and barely keeps things in.
                *Taking Notes* Great! And what style panties do you prefer?

Originally posted by Southie View Post
                You can see those on some beaches without the constriction of a horrible looking green bra!
                You're right, what a color!

What were they thinking?

On a somewhat related note, I don't believe in reincarnation, but coming back as a ladies bra sounds like a great way to spend eternity.

You know, supporting a great cause and all that. :)
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

[B]I want a bra that is sexy and plunges and barely keeps things in.
                  I couldnt agree more Ms Deb.:))
                  Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I know of one cant wait to hear the other.;)

TH, Thinking the high cut lacey french style.

Silly me I just thought of the second reason.:))
                    Last edited by Dreadnought; 15 May 08,, 19:49.
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Ah yes, the female thermostat! That was one of my jobs in the Pentagon!
                      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                      sigpic

Comment

As a human male, I hope you can understand my confusion here.

So, in viewing this photo, I'm forced to ask "Just what's the difference between a bra & a corset?"

Either way, this thing just does not look functional, as a "bra" or a recharging device.
                        If you know the enemy and yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu

Comment

Whys it always gotta be the women? Why cant the men have some iPod charging device shoved down their pants? We cant carry ALL the burden ALL the time.

Since we carry purses we get stuck carrying mens wallets, cell phones, all the kids crap for every outing. We have to carry and then deliver the babies. We have to cook, clean, basically wait on the entire family hand, foot, and now, b00b?

Comment

You know, I like the green color, but they remind me of grandmas corset - as it forms around the torso Skull6 - indeed replete with the pointy cups. The bottoms look like "hipster style" with a control panel. Least they could do is go with a highcut bikini style, more lace including making the back of them all lace and strike out the control panel. A feminine figures demands feminine undies. A younger man told me that. He also told me that just because I might be on the older side that doesn't mean my underwear has to be. I find that most bras have way to much fabric for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull6 View Post
                              So, in viewing this photo, I'm forced to ask "Just what's the difference between a bra & a corset?"
                              A bra lifts it up and holds it in place.
                              A corset sucks it in and holds it in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X