X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The olimpic flame shining on Mt. Qomolangma

Comment

Comment

Excellent photography and no mean feat to climb a mountain, and not just any mountain, carrying an Olympic torch.

Comment

When you come back from Mt. Qomolangma ,you will become a hero of this world!
          when you say this to a hero, .............. ashamed???

I watch the whole live-process this morning !!!
          Last edited by Federer; 08 May 08,, 15:04.

Comment

Congratulations.

Well done!

A Tibetan, Norbu Zhamdu, who climbed Mt Everest, amongst others, and lit the Torch!

Olympic Flame Mount Everest - Google News

Chinese official confirmed some time ago the torch would be carried to the summit of Everest in a relay race some time during May 2008. The team of about 80 climbers (from 18 to 23 years old) would ascend the peak via the south side and descend via the north side. Team members' selecton would have started in 2004, and the chosen climbers would train since then, including a rehearsal run in 2007.
            Everest - Mount Everest by climbers, news
            Last edited by Ray; 08 May 08,, 15:55.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

A 23-year-old Tibetan woman named Tsering Wangmo carried the flame to the peak of Mount Everest. She and four other climbers, two of whom are Tibetan and two of whom are Han Chinese, passed the torch to each other on the relay to the summit. The climbers reached the summit at 9:18 a.m. Thursday local time, which is 9:18 p.m. Wednesday Eastern Time.
              Good to see they included ladies in the team in what is usually a male dominated sport

Comment

Working...
              X