Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad_Pool_Caller & Blue Screen of Death

Howdy Folks,

Seems I've got a little computer problem called Bad_Pool_Caller. Now I've looked around the Internet for advice and found some, but it appears most of it is fairly old and suggests things like make sure connections of cables are correct.

Anyone else experience this sort of thing with Windows XP and have a good solution?
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Based on 1 1/2 year experience with Wind.XP Iīve found that verbal threats work on 49% cases. Russian is the preferred language. :)
    If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by braindead View Post
      Based on 1 1/2 year experience with Wind.XP Iīve found that verbal threats work on 49% cases. Russian is the preferred language. :)
      Well, if a script was forwarded could perhaps on this end muddle through it with fists and shoes pounding.
      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Here is what I found on this. It could be bad memory..

BAD_POOL_CALLER is a stop error message that is caused because of problems with the memory management. The error is seen when the computer is started up and displays the blue screen of death and gives the following message: “A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer”.

BAD_POOL_CALLER. stop: 0x000000c2 (0x000000043, 0xc2528000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) ”

Each of these stop error parameters is for a different problem. There is a list of more than thirty such causes that can give you this error message. If the stop error is consistent every time the system is rebooted, the following method will be effective in solving the problem:
        The hardware and RAM should be checked initially.
        Boot the system once again using the OS setup CD, or use a boot setup that has a GUI like BartPE.
        With RunScanner it is possible to use a memory test tool.
        Select a single account
        If all the accounts open then the system registry hive might be the problem.
        Locate the hive damaged and rename it, do not delete it.
        Create another hive from the backup or from the restore point.
        Initially uses the latest one and keep checking the restore points that come later.
        Avoiding harvesting any replacement hives from the hard drive booted Windows.
        After which compare the hives for differences.
        This is one of the ways of fixing BAD_POOL_CALLER errors. Another method is to reinstall the OS but occasionally shows a disk read error or an error on the same lines. Switching the computer off for a minute or more and then switching it on can solve it since the error is only a slight glitch in the system operation.

The BAD_POOL_CALLER is seen for the first time after installing a hardware or software it is recommended that the computer be restarted. If it doesn’t solve the problem, the installation of the hardware or software should be checked for correction. The manufacture should also be contacted if there are any Windows updates required to correct the error. If the problem persists the installed hardware and software should be disabled, and the BIOS memory options like caching or shadowing should be disabled too. The safe mode can be used as well to remove or stop components. To enable the safe mode just press F8 when the machine is being restarted and select it from the Advance Startup options and correct the problem. The installation of the graphics card is another reason the BAD_POOL_CALLER error shows up. A simple reinstallation of the driver can solve the problem. Microsoft has also acknowledged that the BAD_POOL_CALLER Stop 0xC2 error pops up when trying to print a document that contains a corrupt font. A hot fix is available at Microsoft Help and Support, where the telephone number can be acquired to contact support. The call to the support team is charged except if the support team has resolved that the update will solve the problem. The error message with relation to this parameter of the BAD_POOL_CALLER error is seen only in the Win2000 Professional, Server and Advanced Server Operating Systems.

Microsoft has a bootable utility that can check your memory (RAM). Perhaps Dale can help you download?

Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

Comment

TJ,

I understood the first 12 words of this post and the part where you included Dale. See the thing is, I am of the age where I still think that duties are divided between men and women. Computer thingies are a man task and henceforth a man at work this morning was asked what to do.

So, followed his advice and emptied the cache this evening along with cookies and about 4 other things. Seems to have taken care of the trouble so far except now the Spy Sweeper program doesn't want to work correctly. I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Dale has offered to do something with chips or whatnot and if it comes to that I will take him up on his gracious offer. Otherwise it's trying to swear in Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
            Otherwise it's trying to swear in Russian.
            "v chortu!"

"yob tvoi mat!"

"suy huy v chai!"

"gavno!"

That's as close as I can get, and all I can remember.

-dale

Comment

Debbie, here is a good troubleshooting chart..
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                "v chortu!"

"yob tvoi mat!"

"suy huy v chai!"

"gavno!"

That's as close as I can get, and all I can remember.

-dale
                sorry , but thatīs pretty lame :)):)):)).
                But nr.3 was new to me.
                Last edited by BD1; 07 May 08,, 19:10.

Comment

TJ - Your chart is wonderful.

Comment

But nr.3 was new to me.
                    Off Dale and Braindead go in a heated Russian discussion that only exists in my head

Comment

But nr.3 was new to me.
                      I can actually do it right in Cyrillic still. My English equivalents are VERY lame. One day in Russian class back in college our teacher delcared herself "not in the mood" to teach normal stuff. One of the guys of course said "teach us how to swear!" and so she did. Another fella had a slang dictionary she borrowed and that is where #3 came from I believe. Didn't make sense to her but the literal translation is supposed to be "put your d*ck in the tea!" and she wasn't aware of the true context or matching colloquialism. But it was fun nonsense anyway. ;)

-dale

Comment

Well, the wonderful Bad_Pool_Caller has left for a week to be replaced by something on Saturday which did not introduce itself. Since Braindead did not find it worthy to post more Russian swear words, I've had to repeat the ones posted by Dale over and over again this morning once I had computer access. :(

Comment

Check this thread and follow instructions, particularly check the driver problems as mentioned in the thread,

BAD_POOL_CALLER? - Tech Support Forums - TechIMO.com

Check the error codes from this page and let us know what it is,
                          Bug Check 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

Use this page to verify drivers,
                          How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Windows Drivers

Oh and the last edit, this page has all error messages,
                          Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages
                          Last edited by Jay; 12 May 08,, 17:07.
                          A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Instructions............this is a woman who does not believe in reading instructions.........my head hurts............

Comment

I will gather a bunch for ya Debbie , no problem :)

Comment

Working...
                              X