PDA

View Full Version : FM spokesman: "Anti-CNN" website reflects Chinese people's condemnation

FOE
30 Apr 08,, 11:45
BEIJING, April 17 (Xinhua) -- China on Thursday urged the U.S. news network CNN to take back one of its commentator's insulting remarks about the Chinese, and to sincerely apologize.

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at a press briefing that "The statement issued by CNN on Tuesday not only failed to sincerely apologize for commentator Jack Cafferty's remarks, but also spearheaded its attack on the Chinese government, attempting to incite the Chinese people against the government," Jiang said.

She added China could never accept that, referring to CNN's statement.

Jiang said Cafferty's remarks not only insulted the Chinese people, but also defied the conscience and justice of humankind.

The Chinese people cannot be bullied and humiliated, she said. "We once again solemnly urge CNN to seriously deal with the matter, take back the vile remarks and make a sincere apology to all Chinese people", she said.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry lodged a solemn representation Wednesday with the CNN Beijing office, condemning the network as being "without any professional reputation".

Cafferty said in a TV show on April 9 that Chinese products were "junk" and the Chinese people were "basically the same bunch of goons and thugs they've been for the last 50 years".

Cafferty's remarks drew indignation from Chinese at home and abroad. CNN then issued a statement on Tuesday saying "it was not Mr. Cafferty's nor CNN's intent to cause offence to the Chinese people, and CNN would apologise to anyone who has interpreted the comments in this way".

However, the network stated that Cafferty was offering his "strongly held" opinion of the Chinese government, not China's people.

Commentary: CNN, Cafferty need to make sincere apology to Chinese people

BEIJING, April 17 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. Cable News Network (CNN)and its commentator Jack Cafferty need to make a sincere apology to all Chinese people for his recent insulting remarks because CNN's earlier statement meant for apology is vague, insufficient and insincere. Full story

China strongly condemns CNN for insulting Chinese people

BEIJING, April 16 (Xinhua) -- The Chinese Foreign Ministry lodged a solemn representation with the Beijing office of Cable News Network (CNN) here on Wednesday evening, condemning the network as "without any professional reputation."

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao, who is also the Director-General of the Ministry's Information Department, said that a statement issued by CNN on Tuesday failed to apologize for its host Jack Cafferty's remarks, which maliciously attacked the Chinese people and seriously violated the professional ethics of journalism. Full story

CNN biased coverage comes under fire

BEIJING, April 17 (Xinhua) -- The biased coverage of the Lhasa riots and the Olympic torch relay by the U.S.-based Cable News Network (CNN) has given rise to a whole new usage of the network's name.

"Don't be too CNN" is a phrase that is gaining increasing popularity on the Internet. A rap song titled "Don't be too CNN" has been improvised by a Chinese web singer and posted on the widely viewed video sharing website YouTube. Full story

FM: China strongly denounces CNN host's insulting words

BEIJING, April 15 (Xinhua) -- China is shocked by and strongly condemns CNN host Jack Cafferty's remarks, which maliciously attacked the Chinese people, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at a regular press briefing on Tuesday.

Cafferty said in a TV show on April 9 that the Chinese products are "junk" and the Chinese people "basically the same bunch of goons and thugs they've been for the last 50 years". Full story

American Chinese demand apology from CNN for insulting Chinese

LOS ANGELES, April 11 (Xinhua) -- American Chinese have launched an online campain, demanding an apology from the Cable News Network (CNN) and its Situation Room program for insulting Chinese.

"We are truly stunned and shocked by a recent racist and hatred remark on the Chinese people by your news commentator Jack Cafferty, " said a petition which has won 7,614 signatures since it was posted online on Friday. Full story

CNN, what's wrong with you?

BEIJING, April 2 -- Some foreign media fabricated lots of reports on severe riots that took place in early March in Southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region. The distorted reports triggered protests of netizens both at home and abroad. Netizens even established a website named anti-cnn.com that is aimed at opposing distorted reports from CNN, a well-known US news network. Full story

FM spokesman: "Anti-CNN" website reflects Chinese people's condemnation

BEIJING, March 27 (Xinhua) -- The website "http://www.anti-cnn.com/" reflects public condemnation of some Western media's "distorted" reports of the riots in Lhasa, capital of China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang said on Thursday.

"It is purely spontaneous condemnation and criticism by the Chinese people toward some Western media's irresponsible reports which violated professional ethnics," Qin said at a regular press conference. Full story

Netizens slam CNN's distortion of riot picture

BEIJING, March 23 (Xinhua) -- Tens of thousands of netizens have answered calls to condemn CNN and a few other western media organizations for distorting facts in covering the riot in Lhasa, capital city of China's Tibet Autonomous Region.

"The fairness and objectivity of CNN is cropped," said one of the postings at the online forum of л - ҳ (http://www.china.com)., referring to a CNN website picture showing people running in front of a military truck. The original picture uploaded by Chinese netizens, however, actually also shows mobsters throwing stones at the truck.

I support Olimpics!!!!

bolo121
30 Apr 08,, 11:47
Sigh........give over already.
Freedom of speech also covers insulting speech.

FOE
30 Apr 08,, 11:54
Sigh........give over already.
Freedom of speech also covers insulting speech.

:P
I will change my words!

Shipwreck
30 Apr 08,, 12:49
Storm in a teacup.

Ray
30 Apr 08,, 15:53
Actually, the hectoring of China is immaterial to the world!

I too like the Olympics, but I do not like repression and double talk!!

Jay
30 Apr 08,, 16:10
BEIJING, March 27 (Xinhua) -- The website "http://www.anti-cnn.com/" reflects public condemnation of some Western media's "distorted" reports of the riots in Lhasa, capital of China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang said on Thursday.
Would China allow a dis-gruntled tibetian to host anti-CCP.com website from China?? Prolly not. :rolleyes:

Ray
30 Apr 08,, 22:49
Would China allow a dis-gruntled tibetian to host anti-CCP.com website from China?? Prolly not. :rolleyes:

Ask the Chinese posters.

There are no disgruntled Chinese or any minorities.

They are all gruntled!

FOE
01 May 08,, 03:16
Actually, the hectoring of China is immaterial to the world!

I too like the Olympics, but I do not like repression and double talk!!

Ray,

China is not the most important power in th world now,but at least the importation of China is same as India!

Yes,I do not like repression and double talk,too!But why can you say our chinese people is repression and double talk!!!:confused:

FOE
01 May 08,, 03:24

Prolly not!!! I agree!!

The problems are different!!
CPC is a party which hold the reins of the gov;but CNN is just a TV!

Can I ask you a question like "Would USA allow a dis-gruntled indian to host anti-USA.com website from USA?? "Prolly not.:rolleyes:
This question as same as your question!

Ray
01 May 08,, 07:00
In the USA, there are many disgruntled people of quite a few communities who host website from the USA criticising their govt and even US.

Heard of Michael Moore?

Jane Fonda?

Read some of the newspapers printed in the USA!!

In fact, in a democracy, the world comes to know of all the horrors and errors from the very people of the country through free speech, free media etc.

Ray
01 May 08,, 07:03
On the flip side you had Joseph Raymond McCarthy and his infamous McCathyism!

Jay
01 May 08,, 16:33
The problems are different!!
CPC is a party which hold the reins of the gov;but CNN is just a TV!

Can I ask you a question like "Would USA allow a dis-gruntled indian to host anti-USA.com website from USA?? "Prolly not.:rolleyes:
This question as same as your question!

Sure, by law the govt in the US or the justice system in the US cannot punish you for starting a website like that. The people may not be that forgiving though. Can you burn Chinese flag in China? Citizens had done it here in the US.

FOE
01 May 08,, 16:51
Sure, by law the govt in the US or the justice system in the US cannot punish you for starting a website like that. The people may not be that forgiving though. Can you burn Chinese flag in China? Citizens had done it here in the US.

You try it! Good luck!

Can you burn Indian flag in India?:))

Jay
01 May 08,, 17:28
It is illegal in India.

You asked would USA allow it, and I said yes you can do it in the US. So where does India come in?

FOE
01 May 08,, 18:53
Yep,just like I cannot say anything I want here,though here "freely speech"!

Because you are indian!

Jay
01 May 08,, 18:54
Yep,just like I cannot say anything I want here,though here "freely speech"!

Because you are indian!

Are you insecure? Why do you compare China against India?

Besides, how do you know I'm an India, for all you know I may be Taiwanese :rolleyes:

FOE
01 May 08,, 19:21
Are you insecure? Why do you compare China against India?

Besides, how do you know I'm an India, for all you know I may be Taiwanese :rolleyes:

Can't I compare China against India? ;)

You choose your country in this forum!Not my guess!Maybe you could be a mooner!:))

Ray
01 May 08,, 19:38
You try it! Good luck!

Can you burn Indian flag in India?:))

You have to have a reason to burn the Indian flag.

Till now, no one has found a reason to do so; or at least we are not aware.

Why don't you come over and do it and let us see what happens!!

Ray
01 May 08,, 19:38
Can't I compare China against India? ;)

You choose your country in this forum!Not my guess!Maybe you could be a mooner!:))

He maybe a mooner.

And you are a moaner!! :)) ;)

FOE
01 May 08,, 19:55
yes,your english is better!!!!!

Ray
01 May 08,, 20:09
Indeed, it is.

Must I have to apologise for it?

Is is an Imperialist Language?

BTW, it is now an Indian Language if you go by statistics, which you Chinese love.

The Native English have become a minority to their own language!!

India is taking over!! ;)

I don't remember the name of the poster, but he will be incensed that this is hyper nationalism!!

bolo121
01 May 08,, 20:11
wow! sir ray you should be renamed Foehammer!

FOE
01 May 08,, 20:33
It's OK!I'm learning from Ray!

HistoricalDavid
01 May 08,, 20:34
The CCP has waged an interesting e-penis enlarging campaign over the past few months.

Jay
02 May 08,, 01:26

Do they teach this in China?

luffaman
04 May 08,, 17:59
David, it totally depends on ccp' best interests.
if ccp want to mate with an e-panda, then enlargement is a must.
if ccp want to please a sweet, cute e-mouth or e-hole of a racist, i guess they probably better shrink it. :)):)):))

i'd make myself very clear here, i will never, ever accuse any wab member here as racist, just by reading several his/her posts, or even thousands of his/her posts (i don't have time to read thousands posts anyway).

if my wab membership can survive my 100th post, i may contribute something significantly useful to this topic.

mods, please don't ban me, just delete this one, if it is way too x-rated. ;)

The CCP has waged an interesting e-penis enlarging campaign over the past few months.

Ray
04 May 08,, 18:27
Luffaman,

Are you suggesting that China is peddling for export penile miracles?

That desperate? :shock:

Wonders never cease. So, you have elephants in China also? Is that what the CCP has made you believe as the Mao's Thoughts?

As far as racism is concerned, enough has already been seen of China, that negates any special mention!!

Xiaohaha
04 May 08,, 18:28
Ray, Sir, I thought I just saw you write "Luffqmqn". Was that a mistake?

Err, I don't see it anymore. I hope it was not a hallucination!

Ray
04 May 08,, 18:42
Ray, Sir, I thought I just saw you write "Luffqmqn". Was that a mistake?

Err, I don't see it anymore. I hope it was not a hallucination!

You are right.

When I typed, it did come out as that.

Then I corrected it.

Can't have Laughman as Lqaqman!!

Edit: There I go again, typing with speed is not my forte!!

Again messed it up!

Am not amending since you may ask again and so we will all get into a loop!!

luffaman
04 May 08,, 19:36
ray, my word being misinterpreted ( i just borrow a line from somewhere), but i apologize for not being sensitive enough(it is up to your judgement, whether i am on purpose or not, just remind you that i may be evil but not stupid). i'll make the correction immediately.

i have to point out here, though some poorly educated chinese teens here threw out some offensive words (which can be considered racism slurs, though i'd rather see it as stupid snobbishness).

i, for the one, definitely know what indians have contributed to world in math and philosophy, which every single human being on the earth should show respect on, not to mention now days, indians continue to contribute to this world in science, and economic field. you can count the indian nobel laureates (i think more than chinese).

but for some reason i don't know, you are a little mean to chinese, i am not here to convert you to a panda hugger. neither i am here to irritate you, otherwise i would have posted some thing like "icc indian oragnize rally and protest for more greencards in usa recently".

think about it, if we just pick on each other, who will benefit from it?
i still long for your friendship, hopefully you have the same feeling.

Luffaman,

Are you suggesting that China is peddling for export penile miracles?

That desperate? :shock:

Wonders never cease. So, you have elephants in China also? Is that what the CCP has made you believe as the Mao's Thoughts?

As far as racism is concerned, enough has already been seen of China, that negates any special mention!!

Ray
04 May 08,, 20:27
[QUOTE=luffaman;492544]ray, my word being misinterpreted ( i just borrow a line from somewhere), but i apologize for not being sensitive enough(it is up to your judgement, whether i am on purpose or not, just remind you that i may be evil but not stupid). i'll make the correction immediately.

I do not consider anyone evil. Indeed, to feel so, is the first step to be stupid yourself. One has to understand the inner feeling that prompt a post. That is the sign of maturity and strength!!

i have to point out here, though some poorly educated chinese teens here threw out some offensive words (which can be considered racism slurs, though i'd rather see it as stupid snobbishness).

Hardly snobbish!

More stupidity!

I would not like to be stupid myself to even dare think other here are stupid! That is the first weakness of the stupid and I daresay I am stupid!! Wrongly informed, maybe, Stupid, hopefully not!

i, for the one, definitely know what indians have contributed to world in math and philosophy, which every single human being on the earth should show respect on, not to mention now days, indians continue to contribute to this world in science, and economic field. you can count the indian nobel laureates (i think more than chinese).

I don't care a damn what Indians have contributed to history. At best, I am glad that they did not sit idle. Nobel Laurteates don;t impress me either! I have met some myself! I was not given the liberty of pricking them to see whether they bled red and I bled black!!

but for some reason i don't know, you are a little mean to chinese, i am not here to convert you to a panda hugger. neither i am here to irritate you, otherwise i would have posted some thing like "icc indian oragnize rally and protest for more greencards in usa recently".

I am peeved at the Chinese and I don't not deny that! Because I think that the Communists are ruining a great race with great hope with their narrow mindnessness! I am also aware that Indians are no better. We have a great future and we are ruining it will our narrowmindness.

I have enough Chinese friends here and I find we think alike! So, where is the divide?

I think about it, if we just pick on each other, who will benefit from it?
i still long for your friendship, hopefully you have the same feeling.

You bet it!!