Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austria's subterranean shame

Austria's subterranean shame

The shocking story of a woman locked in a cellar for 24 years has forced the country to ask itself - what are we really hiding?
    Kate Connolly

April 28, 2008 12:00 PM | Printable version

As Austrians woke this morning to the full and shocking details of yet another "girl in the cellar" discovery, the question must surely have been in many minds: "why are we here yet again?"

The case of 42-year-old Elisabeth F, incarcerated for 24 years, her youth and sanity stolen in the process, and systematically abused by her father. She bore his seven children, one of whom died after just three days, in her windowless prison.

More at:

Austria's subterranean shame | Comment is free
    Revolting!!

What is this world coming to?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

The report says his wife new nothing about it??? Questions: When he brought the kids up from the celler, just where the hell did she think they came from. The food bills? Fuel bills? Clothing bills?.

Comment

Have been following this story closely. The report today stated that someone else knew and had to help him at least get the security system into place. According to the reports, this guy burned the baby that didn't survive in the home oven. Sick and twisted b-tard.
      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

I'll be in Austria in the morning, I'm on the road, truckin through, quick stop in Salzburg and then another place a bit further down the A1, then off home for the bank holiday, on thursday, which coincidentally is the first day of our hunting season.

Tony
        Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

toemag,

Stop at this guy's house and give him a kick while you are there.

When you come to India, you will be my guest!

I have still not got out of the revulsion I have experienced reading this horror story!!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Dave,

His wife may have known, but this guy maybe having the same genes as Hitler!!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Ray - snap!

Thought Leader » Michael Trapido » You can tell me what you like: Rosemarie Friztl knew

Comment

You should have warned me.

I am depressed!!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                  toemag,

Stop at this guy's house and give him a kick while you are there.

When you come to India, you will be my guest!

I have still not got out of the revulsion I have experienced reading this horror story!!
                  I would love too, but I would probably end up in the line, having taken a number.

It would seem that the Austrians are making history of a negative kind again. That in the year when they are due to the European Football Championships.

I always go camping in Austria, may have to try the Swiss Alps this year.

Tony
                  Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

This is the most recent update:

Family in Austria incest is reunited - Europe - MSNBC.com

This one segment of the article caught my eye:

Three of the children lived with the grandparents. Fritzl and his wife registered those children with authorities, saying that they had found them outside their home in 1993, 1994 and 1997.

Leopold Etz, a regional police official, told APA that Fritzl apparently chose which of the children would live upstairs with him and his wife according to whether they were “crybabies.”

So, did Fritzl's wife just take in these "abandoned" children without question? IMO, she definitely had a part in it!
                    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X