X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran the most powerful, says Ahmadinejad

SOURCE:- NDTV.com: Iran the most powerful, says Ahmadinejad

Iran the most powerful, says Ahmadinejad

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has proclaimed that Iran is the ''most powerful nation'' in the world as the country's air force boasted of its prowess at a time of mounting tension with the West.

''Iran is the most powerful and independent nation in the world,'' Ahmadinejad told a military parade outside Tehran marking the Islamic republic's annual army day.

To mark the occasion, the armed forces were conducting a major fly-by over the parade ground, which was to include around 200 of its fighter jets and other aircraft in a bid to show the power of its air force.

Iran is at odds with the West over its disputed nuclear programme, which the United States and its allies fear could be used to make nuclear weapons. Iran insists it only wants to produce nuclear energy.

Ahmadinejad described Iran as ''peace-loving'' but said the army and elite Revolutionary Guards would ''react strongly to the slightest aggression'' against its soil.

''I am proud to announce today that the Iranian nation's power is of an extent that no major power can dare jeopardize the security and interests of the Iranian nation,'' said Ahmadinejad.

''The Iranian nation with its courageous army will defend its interests with all strength,'' he added.

Originally posted by The One View Post

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has proclaimed that Iran is the ''most powerful nation'' in the world as the country's air force boasted of its prowess at a time of mounting tension with the West.

''Iran is the most powerful and independent nation in the world,'' Ahmadinejad told a military parade outside Tehran marking the Islamic republic's annual army day.

To mark the occasion, the armed forces were conducting a major fly-by over the parade ground, which was to include around 200 of its fighter jets and other aircraft in a bid to show the power of its air force.

Iran is at odds with the West over its disputed nuclear programme, which the United States and its allies fear could be used to make nuclear weapons. Iran insists it only wants to produce nuclear energy.

Ahmadinejad described Iran as ''peace-loving'' but said the army and elite Revolutionary Guards would ''react strongly to the slightest aggression'' against its soil.

''I am proud to announce today that the Iranian nation's power is of an extent that no major power can dare jeopardize the security and interests of the Iranian nation,'' said Ahmadinejad.

''The Iranian nation with its courageous army will defend its interests with all strength,'' he added.
    Another ill thoughted campaign. Let Iran keep harassing the West and you will see who is the most powerfull. Hell, Israel would send him and his regime under not too mention the others. The U.S. wouldnt waste its time it would be merely another drill.

Just goes to show you how bad he wants to take his peoples eyes off their economy.:))
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

This guy is just the Chavez of the Middle East

Comment

Mr Arminadinnerjacket has clearly gone, as it is called in medical circles, bat **** bonkers.

Comment

What's the dude smoking nowadays? My guess is a combo of grass, meth and ecsatacy, with a dose of the jet exhaust from the aircrafts of the ''most powerful nation'' in the world
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Iran might be the strongest non-nuclear Islamic state and is no weakling but they are strategically inept. They let Russia force them into a deal that blocks Western Companies from the Caspian insuring that the regions oil and gas have to go through Russia or Russian companies, and then got left high and dry by Russia in the UN making sure Iran's military capabilities remain 2nd rate.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
              What's the dude smoking nowadays? My guess is a combo of grass, meth and ecsatacy, with a dose of the jet exhaust from the aircrafts of the ''most powerful nation'' in the world
              I'm guessing something grown and produced by the Taliban in Afghanistan.
              He sounds more and more like Saddam, before the U.S. forces kicked the living crap out his military forces.

I say,"Let him hang himself!" 1960's Russian technology against the newest most advanced............he's on "CRACK!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
                This guy is just the Chavez of the Middle East
                No, he's not. He's a lot more idiotic, but on the bright side, he's hilarious! :))

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                Iran might be the strongest non-nuclear Islamic state and is no weakling but they are strategically inept. They let Russia force them into a deal that blocks Western Companies from the Caspian insuring that the regions oil and gas have to go through Russia or Russian companies, and then got left high and dry by Russia in the UN making sure Iran's military capabilities remain 2nd rate.
                A fair warning for India.
                I have no idea what I'm doing. Honestly!

Comment

Originally posted by Bella View Post
                  I say,"Let him hang himself!" 1960's Russian technology against the newest most advanced............he's on "CRACK!!"
                  I think you are confusing Iran with Irak...

Comment

It did said Iran's Basij can get 11 million troops during time of war. If they can't fight off the invasion with regular military, then the US and Western forces will be outnumbered and fighting a ground guriella war with 11 million ground troops. It's going to be another Iraq, except the US will be outnumbered 10 to 1. It will be interesting to see how it turns out...

Comment

It did said Iran's Basij can get 11 million troops during time of war.
                      lol

Comment

"The Basij Resistance Force is equipped with the most modern and up-to-date weapons and is undergoing the most advanced training. It is making such achievements that if the enemy finds out it will tremble and have a heart attack."

i`m having one right know...
                        no,wait it`s my stomach from to much lol...

Comment

"The Basij Resistance Force is equipped with the most modern and up-to-date weapons and is undergoing the most advanced training. It is making such achievements that if the enemy finds out it will tremble and have a heart attack."

That reminds me of the comical fellow who was the mouthpiece for Iraq during the invasion!:))
                          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by militarymafia View Post
                            It did said Iran's Basij can get 11 million troops during time of war. If they can't fight off the invasion with regular military, then the US and Western forces will be outnumbered and fighting a ground guriella war with 11 million ground troops. It's going to be another Iraq, except the US will be outnumbered 10 to 1. It will be interesting to see how it turns out...
                            We could smash the Iranian military in no time, secure the sites we want, then pull back leaving scorched earth behind.

The only reasons we are running into problems with Iraq is we are trying to build them up. Much harder than crushing them.

Comment

Originally posted by The One View Post

America should teach that guy and his crappy country a lesson.

Comment

Working...
                              X