• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing SU-30 Video

I hope this is not a repost.

http://www.putfile.com/videos/a6-36116010680.wmv

Enjoy.

nice video. But I dont really see how all that maneuvering could be used in combat.
    Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

I guess it could be used when dodging homing missiles? Maybe they just put it on the net to show off the Russian airforce?

Comment

Yes Yes very Effective maneuvering Clearly meant to disorient and induce Vertigo when engaging an Enemy........................... Civilian who payed to back seat.
        it's a great crowed pleaser
        Last edited by Terran empire; 22 Jan 05,, 02:11.

Comment

yeah, there isn't anything more manauverable then the Su-30 in the entire world at the moment. Also, i'm not sure about this but isn't the Su-30 capable of pulling a 180 degrees Cobra manauvre???
          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus
            nice video. But I dont really see how all that maneuvering could be used in combat.

whenever someone posts a video like this, that is usually the first reply. just suck it up and enjoy the vid man. Of course it helps in combat, WVR that is. BVR is a different story.

Comment

in BVR too, manauvering like this can make dodging missiles a whole lot easier.

Comment

Manuevering like that eats up all your air speed and then you're well and truly F'ed.

Besides, you can turn all you like, you're still not out-turning a missile. You have to beam those, and none of the fancy-dan airshow tricks are particularly useful for beaming a missile.

Comment

sniper, the Su-30 can loose speed and then gain it dramatically... oh yes and sniper if by "beaming" you mean using chafs, then trusts me... manuverability helps A LOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic
                    sniper, the Su-30 can loose speed and then gain it dramatically... oh yes and sniper if by "beaming" you mean using chafs, then trusts me... manuverability helps A LOT!!!
                    Awesome video.
                    In my opinion Sukhois are best air superiority aircraft, presently, in the world.
                    I agree that excellent manueverability helps in "dogfights"; however, a pilot will not practically stop his aircraft to do this manuever if attempting to avoid a BVR missile: that will ensure his destruction. Yes it can "gain speed dramatically", but in no way fast enough to gain sufficient velocity to cut the arc.
                    Last edited by Franco Lolan; 23 Jan 05,, 17:31.

Comment

actually during a cobra manuver, the Su-30 raises it's nose up and almost comes to a complete stop instantly... whatever following the plane, passes by without hitting the plane. The Su-27 has the cobra capability as well but I believe the Su-30 can do the 180degrees cobra which is literally impossible by any other aircraft. In a close dogfight the Su-30 would seriously pop targets out of the sky without much effort by the pilot.

Comment

Might not be useful in mid-long distance missile exchange. But it is crucial in close-combat dogfight

Comment

Well the question is is dogfight so imp now a days. ??

Comment

"sniper, the Su-30 can loose speed and then gain it dramatically... oh yes and sniper if by "beaming" you mean using chafs, then trusts me... manuverability helps A LOT!!!"

Obviously you have no idea what a beaming manuever is.

Here's some food for thought. The AIM-9X is a 90G manuevering missile, the AIM-9L is a 70G missile. AMRAAM is somewhere in between.

Those fancy airshow tricks are utterly worthless in air combat.

Comment

M21, can you provide some basis for your informatrion, 70G and 90G's, i read some where that the AMRAAM only has a 30G limit, and it's enggagement range is limited to 20,000 meters
                              for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Working...
                              X