PDA

View Full Version : What movie are you most looking forward to this summer?

ameer
07 Apr 08,, 07:54
Here's my list

1. The Dark Knight- Batman Begins was amazing. Heath Ledger's last performance.
2. Iron Man- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark! The non-comic book reading public is about to be introduced to an awesome character.
3. The Incredible Hulk- I have faith this movie will be a lot better than that last Hulk movie, which completely blew.
4. Wanted- Loved the G.N.
5. Hancock- Sure, why not.

As you can see, I'm a big superhero fan. :biggrin:

Taboo
07 Apr 08,, 08:37
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
The Forbidden Kingdom, which you don't have up there, looks interesting, although I get the feeling it'll blow. I still want to see Jackie Chan and Jet Li's first collaboration though.

Movies that made me gag: Sex and the City Movie, Speed Racer (no way this will have a good plotline), Indiana Jones (I hate milking/ruining old classics with new sequels), Kung Fu Panda (stereotype much?).

ameer
07 Apr 08,, 08:38
Forbidden Kingdom is coming out this month and not considered a summer movie.

gunnut
07 Apr 08,, 18:16
The X-files 2? What the deuce?

Southie
07 Apr 08,, 18:22
I'm planning on seeing the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull movie. I've loved all the Indiana Jones movies and hope this one will be just as good.

crooks
07 Apr 08,, 20:59
Just the Dark Knight and Indiana Jones - Dark Knight because BB was a great film full stop, not just a great superhero film, and Indiana Jones because remember going to Raiders of the Lost Ark as a child, I even had the Hat and whip :biggrin: .

glyn
08 Apr 08,, 00:01
Just the Dark Knight and Indiana Jones - Dark Knight because BB was a great film full stop, not just a great superhero film, and Indiana Jones because remember going to Raiders of the Lost Ark as a child, I even had the Hat and whip :biggrin: .

Very kinky!:eek:

Debbie
08 Apr 08,, 02:29

Mind out of the gutter old man.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Taboo
08 Apr 08,, 05:56
add wizard in front of hat and substitute whip with wand?

crooks
08 Apr 08,, 23:28

Thanks for ruining a great childhood memory glyn:eek: :)) !!!!

Bella
11 Apr 08,, 06:30
I voted for Indiana Jones because it's an old trilogy, like Star Wars.
I also can't wait for the new Batman! I live in downtown Chicago and I watched them film the last Batman and this one too!!

ameer
11 Apr 08,, 11:20
I voted for Indiana Jones because it's an old trilogy, like Star Wars.
I also can't wait for the new Batman! I live in downtown Chicago and I watched them film the last Batman and this one too!!

Apparently they are considering cutting some of the scenes from Dark Knight because of Heath Ledger's untimely death.

gunnut
22 Apr 08,, 22:35
add wizard in front of hat and substitute whip with wand?

I put on my wizard hat?

gunnut
03 May 08,, 11:58
Ironman was AWESOME!!!

If you see only one movie this year, this is it.

snc128
03 May 08,, 15:25
A.R.O.G
the Turkish comedy

dark-alias
03 May 08,, 18:15
None..i am waiting for the HBO mini-series of the bush presidency.

Taboo
04 May 08,, 03:51
Ironman was AWESOME!!!

I creamed my pants like a fanboy, it was so ****ing awesome.

I still think the Dark Knight would 1up it though, can't wait.

LetsTalk
04 May 08,, 06:11
Ironman was AWESOME!!!

I agree, it was awesome! Loved the F-22 part!

I originally voted for the "The Dark Knight", I still think that it will be the top movie this summer, that is on the list. The first one (new installment) was great, and the second one looks great also.

bolo121
04 May 08,, 08:15
Ironman was AWESOME!!!

yes it was! yes it was!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

sappersgt
04 May 08,, 17:28
Ironman was AWESOME!!!

I'm still waiting for Indiana Jones but Iron Man was REALLY good!:cool::biggrin:

Ryan Bailey
08 May 08,, 01:38
I am looking forward to "Indy IV" as the fans have been calling it since 1990. I'll probably take my Dad to see it ( I'm hoping that the excitement over the film convinces my wife to let us look at the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney-MGM Studios during our stay there later this month, she sometimes thinks our three year old wouldn't like it but I'm hoping to take them to it & Star Tours, we shall see. )

With my family I'll probably see Prince Caspian on DVD in the future. We do appreciate the adaptations of our fellow Anglican C.S. Lewis' works. Also we're hoping to see Evan Almighty this Sunday for Mothers Day. I imagine there will be some inappropriate humour for our family but as Creationists I feel we will benefit from the depiction as seen in the recent HBO adverts. Has anyone seen it, or does anyone else believe Noah's flood literally happened ?

Mobbme
08 May 08,, 02:35
Dark knight and indiana jones ofcourse. Sex and the city, ahhh hopefully sarah jessica parker looks SEXXXYY in the movie, then it'll be a sure hit hehe

gunnut
08 May 08,, 07:22
I am looking forward to "Indy IV" as the fans have been calling it since 1990. I'll probably take my Dad to see it ( I'm hoping that the excitement over the film convinces my wife to let us look at the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney-MGM Studios during our stay there later this month, she sometimes thinks our three year old wouldn't like it but I'm hoping to take them to it & Star Tours, we shall see. )

With my family I'll probably see Prince Caspian on DVD in the future. We do appreciate the adaptations of our fellow Anglican C.S. Lewis' works. Also we're hoping to see Evan Almighty this Sunday for Mothers Day. I imagine there will be some inappropriate humour for our family but as Creationists I feel we will benefit from the depiction as seen in the recent HBO adverts. Has anyone seen it, or does anyone else believe Noah's flood literally happened ?

I heard Evan Almighty sucked.

Prince Caspian might be a bit dark for your kid.

crooks
08 May 08,, 16:57

The Prince Caspian book is kid-friendly, they all (Chronicles of Narnia) are - And yes, Evan Almighty was woeful.

ameer
16 May 08,, 00:13
Dark knight and indiana jones ofcourse. Sex and the city, ahhh hopefully sarah jessica parker looks SEXXXYY in the movie, then it'll be a sure hit hehe

lol... sex and the city...

turn in your man card!

Mobbme
16 May 08,, 00:15
lol... sex and the city...

turn in your man card!

hey hey, theres plenty of guys like me who go to movies SPECIFICALLY because of the R Rated material :))

I just watched "What Happens In Vegas." It was pretty hillarious, a must see.

ameer
16 May 08,, 00:20
hey hey, theres plenty of guys like me who go to movies SPECIFICALLY because of the R Rated material :))

The internet would more than suffice. Only excuse is that you're girl forced you to watch. :biggrin:

I just watched "What Happens In Vegas." It was pretty hillarious, a must see.
Haven't seen it.

Mobbme
16 May 08,, 03:22
The internet would more than suffice.
:biggrin: im very familiar with the internet :))

Only excuse is that you're girl forced you to watch. :biggrin:

:tongue: I know I know!!! I'm not going to watch it, unless I take a girl :P rofl

Haven't seen it.

What Happens In Vegas is a very very funny movie, if you're into comedies you should give it a go, won't dissapoint; big actors are in the movie as well, that always helps.

Walking Dead
16 May 08,, 22:14
I like Adam Sandler and Rob Shneider - they teamed up with Apatow for Zohan - I really like a good laugh.

Doomarias
16 May 08,, 22:32

Heh I grew up on Robocop, Diehard, and cartoons like Who Framed Rodger Rabbit. Also I dont mean like teenage years I mean like 7 years old:redface:.

Mobbme
02 Jun 08,, 05:22
It was ladies night, all the way to the Box Office - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/01/boxoffice.ap/index.html)

Women made up 85 percent of the audience on Friday

Well, if 85 percent of the audience is women, I don't think it will be hard getting 1 woman's phone number :))

Herodotus
16 Jun 08,, 03:36
I saw Indiana Jones. It was silly but fun. Iron Man was good as well; though I was never a fan of the comic nor of Robert Downey. I won't see any other movies this summer. The price is too high and the quality is too low. Never been a fan of the "If it could be a movie it has to be a movie" line of thinking".

GAU-8
17 Jun 08,, 17:14
Do not waste your time with The Happening.
Went to the afternoon show yesterday to escape the 100 degree heat.
Waste of time.

bolo121
13 Jul 08,, 20:44
Just saw WALL-E

OMG! OMG! its awesome!

Johnny W
14 Jul 08,, 00:04
Just saw Journey to the Center of the Earth, and it was actually pretty decent. Kind of an Indiana Jones type of flick.

Herodotus
16 Jul 08,, 18:19
Just saw Journey to the Center of the Earth, and it was actually pretty decent. Kind of an Indiana Jones type of flick.

I heard it was in 3-D, must have been cool.

gunnut
16 Jul 08,, 19:58
Do not waste your time with The Happening.
Went to the afternoon show yesterday to escape the 100 degree heat.
Waste of time.

Would you gents, and ladies, want a spoiler review of this terrible movie?

It's funny. I promise. :biggrin:

Southie
03 Aug 08,, 15:18
It was girls night at the movies last night. Myself, the girls and a friend (Suzie) of ours saw "Mama Mia"! Fantastic!!! Of course you have to like ABBA to enjoy the movie. Meryl Streep has a pretty nice voice! Then we went back to Suzie's house where the girls performed a Hanna Montanna dance to the video "Nobody's Perfect". This is the dance they did, but this is not them!

qbaxv69OpF4

glyn
03 Aug 08,, 15:37
I heard it was in 3-D, must have been cool.

We have heard that you in the colonies experience extremes of weather. I expect it makes solid commercial sense to instal air conditioning in cinemas to attract customers in the summer.:))

bolo121
03 Aug 08,, 20:01
Just saw hellboy 2
inspite of the nice graphics and Selma Blair.....meh

devgupt
03 Aug 08,, 20:32
Just saw Dark Knight 2+ hours of intense drama

lazimodo
03 Aug 08,, 21:05
The Hunt For Red October, again...

sappersgt
03 Aug 08,, 23:32
New movies come out every weekend. I can't see the all so I pick some and wait for the others on TV in a couple of years. Last week was Wall e and Mama Mia (went with the girls).This weekend was X-Files and The Mummy. Both good entertainment.:cool:

Herodotus
04 Aug 08,, 05:41
We have heard that you in the colonies experience extremes of weather. I expect it makes solid commercial sense to instal air conditioning in cinemas to attract customers in the summer.:))

Ha,ha the resident grammartician strikes again. But actually movie theaters are one of the most air conditioned buildings one can go in the US, so yes it is both cool and "cool" to go to the movies in the colonies.

sappersgt
24 Aug 08,, 22:42
The movie "Rocker", in which the drummer is dumped just prior the the band making it big, features a cameo appearance by Pete Best. For those of you who don't remember, Pete Best was the original drummer for the Beatles who was replaced by Ringo Starr. :cool:

bolo121
26 Aug 08,, 17:42
Saw Tropic Thunder Today.

LMAO!! LMAO!! ROFL! :))

rj1
26 Aug 08,, 20:48
Movies I did see:

Indiana Jones-fun action flick; but even compared to Raiders of the Lost Ark, the aliens were a bit much

Speed Racer-yes, I knew what I was seeing before I went in; I'm a huge racing fan and that's why I went, if you have young kids they'd love it and it's kid-friendly, they kept it true to the cartoon; cinematography was amazing, it was like a live-action cartoon

Dark Knight-awesome, best movie I'd seen in some time

Mummy 3-sucked...bigtime, way too forced and the movie felt like "okay we're making a sequel, we have to come up with something"

I need to go see Tropic Thunder, heard it was great.

gunnut
26 Aug 08,, 20:50
Saw Tropic Thunder Today.

LMAO!! LMAO!! ROFL! :))

Tropic Thunder kicked ass. Easily the funniest movie of the year.

"You don't ever go full retard."

Ray
27 Aug 08,, 02:09
Hari Puttar!

gunnut
27 Aug 08,, 19:56
Hari Puttar!

I read about that movie. The plot is more like Home Alone rather than a boy wizard going to school.

Warner is suing for the name being too close to Harry Potter...

1980s
28 Aug 08,, 00:57
Of all these movies i've only had time to watch two of them at the cinema so far, Indiana Jones and the Dark Knight.

Indiana Jones was a flop in my opinion. But the Dark Knight was well worth paying money for to see!

bolo121
28 Aug 08,, 08:07
Tropic Thunder kicked ass. Easily the funniest movie of the year.

"You don't ever go full retard."

Thats got to be the best line from any movie of 2008.:eek::biggrin:

jame$thegreat
28 Aug 08,, 08:34
Pineapple Express was extremely disappointing because several people told me it was funny. So-so.

Tropic Thunder was **HILARIOUS**, a true must see. Anyone with any sense of humor should leave their house at this exact moment (I don't care what time it is) and see it now. :P

sappersgt
28 Aug 08,, 23:51
Pineapple Express was extremely disappointing because several people told me it was funny. So-so.

I'm guessing it's funnier if you're stoned.;)

gunnut
29 Aug 08,, 00:37
I'm guessing it's funnier if you're stoned.;)

That's what I've heard. That means I won't find the movie funny.

Then again, I thought "Dude, Where's My Car?" was funny...

"...and thennnn....."