Should Yasser Arafat be exiled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Yasser Arafat be exiled?

I personally think he should be killed but exile is my second choice.
    He is a terrorist. Kill him.
    85.71%
    He should be exiled.
    14.29%
    Leave him in power. He is the rightful Palestinian leader.
    0.00%
    Who cares about the Middle East?
    0.00%

Exile his ass. Killing him will ignite a powder keg.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Kill him in the worst way possible

Comment

I think killing him will be worse than exiling him, cuz killing him will mean ustoppable rioting and terror attacks. Exiling him will do the same, but for less time
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Not exactly sure what to vote. Sure he whasn't always been an Angel. Probably still isn't.

But At least IMO. Arafat seems to be the one I'd root for. In the now bitter hatred between Osama bin laden & himself.*

That started off as a report that Al-Qaeda set up shop in Palestinian refugee camps. And Arafat made it clear he wanted bin Laden to stay out.

And read an e-mail two weeks ago. That contained excerpts of Al-Qaeda doctrine. They now hold Arafat in the same regard as the United States.

Have to be honest. If it came down to a choice. bin Laden would eat my last bullet. before Arafat would.

Comment

Exiling or killing Arafat won't change the basic problems that confront the middle east. Arafat is an ineffective and corrupt leader. He doesn't have control over the most violent groups of Palestinians. Focusing on him just rallies support to him. He is relevant only as a political symbol. Even if he agreed to everything the Israelis wanted, there wouldn't be peace.

Comment

Not necessarily. Arafat can call back some of the terror attacks.

Comment

I was watching The Daily Show on Comedy Central yesterday, Madeleine Albright was the guest. A few things she said about Arafat:

-He loves Tom & Jerry cartoons
                -She brought him to her farm, and her grandson screamed when he saw him
                -Israel keeping him in his compound will backfire, Arafat loves to play the victim
                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

It is really strange how quickly we forget what it is that drives people to these extremes. Is it really religion? I presonally dont believe it is. I believe that religion is only a catalyst or a rallying point that people huddle around when the chips are down. What is it that the Palestinian PEOPLE really want ? Land ? Food ? Medicine ? It is almost too bad that we cant isolate the time and circumstances when that small group of extreme militants went from having legitimate reasons for warring, to hatred because they no longer remembered what it was really about. The Palestinian / Jewish question to me seem to be a a rehash of WW I; its been going on for so long most people dont remember what the original issues are. Because even the most faithfull and fundamentally religious folks will be placaded when their lifestyles reflect that of the status quo or what they perceive to be acceptable . The greatest people in the world can theoretically be turned into the vilest monster if they are forced to be. This begs the questionwhat are the real issues that are laid on the table when the Palestinians and Israelis put them on the table. Not the crap thats on CNN but the real cookies?
                  As far as Arafat goes I think Arafat is like all old warring leaders, still idealistic and ideoogical but tired of the killing. There are thousands of people that have started life in the turmoil and taken up arms for a glorious cause. But change anywhere in the realms of international or stae politics are slw. because the other guys are just as ideological. I think Arafat and the Jewish leaders realize this. hat is why they make small concessions to get an open door. Small, start small. remember what Edmund Burke said in "The Reflections On the revolution In France" ? All that jazz about to much change isnt going to work either because its to shocking to a realm or system ? I think Arafat is like that. I really believe that he would be willing to lay aside some of his ideology; eye I believe he would even willingly step out of the picture if he could get a foothold for the palestinian people that isnt going to be swept away by violence that following afternoon. All men are the same at our basest levels we all want the same things and we are all willing to accept the same things in order to get them. Arafat is no different than any of us.
                  Call me stupid but I believe it.
                  Anyway I think they should exile him to the Isle of Elba like Napolean. And even better, if the Royal navy still has an HMS Bellerophone in their fleet, Arafat should be taken there on it. I mean just for continuities sake.
                  Wow I just reread my own post..........that was really bad, but I am going to let it stand.
                  "Now we shall have ourselves a pell mell battle!" ......The Immortal Memory, Admiral Nelson

Comment

Working...
                  X