Your pet peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your pet peeves

Rules are simple: everyday little things that annoy us. No serious political, religious, or philosophical topics. I don't want to hear about abortion or guns or hippies or big oil or the Iraq war or other ideological bull.

List 'em if you got 'em.

I'll go first.

We often hear people use the term "x times as light." That's annoying to me because "x times" means more. You can't use more to describe less. The correct description is "1/x the weight."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg gggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    Rules are simple: everyday little things that annoy us. No serious political, religious, or philosophical topics. I don't want to hear about abortion or guns or hippies or big oil or the Iraq war or other ideological bull.

List 'em if you got 'em.

I'll go first.

We often hear people use the term "x times as light." That's annoying to me because "x times" means more. You can't use more to describe less. The correct description is "1/x the weight."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg gggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!
    You could have said that in twice as few words :))
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
      AAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh!!!
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

People who use the speakers of their cell phones to play bad music on public transport vehicles deserve slow torture and death.

Comment

People who post on 'What music are You Listening to' displaying their frightful lack of taste!
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
            People who post on 'What music are You Listening to' displaying their frightful lack of taste!
            That is in fact a good thing. How else are we going to know some music is bad without buying the album?

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
              or half as many;)

Comment

Parcelforce

For non-Brits, this is the arm of the Royal Mail that "delivers" packages, registered post etc.

All the buggers do is leap out of the van and shove a "sorry we missed you" note through the letterbox before scarpering. Rarely do they even bother to ring the bloody bell. No kaka here; I truly have been sitting in my living room and upon hearing the letterbox jumped to my feet, dashed to the front door to find the sod whizzing away. Then I have to go to the ruddy depot at my own expense. Twats.

Airport security ...

I only mention this because I have just arrived home from Guernsey and the continuing Nazi occupation demanded my razor and deoderant. On the way out (Stanstead) the cut-purses charged me £6.50 for a large G&T.

AND ...

£135.50 for my TV licence when I can't stand the current crap on the BBC.

AND ...

Ill-mannered also-rans who lack even the common courtesy to acknowledge that y've held the door open for them. Friends have held me back over this. :))

Oh, and litter And anyone pushing into a queue Possibly the same folk delivering alpha-male-*******s-bone-crusher-handshakes. If they want a bloody fight they should at least call me a c**t and question as to whether I had spilt their beverage/looked at their.bint funny rather than break my knuckles and shove a business card in my face. Hurrumph!
                Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Being chastised by someone for my faults and has just as many faults, if not more, than me! But believes they are "perfect"!!
                  Last edited by Southie; 01 Apr 08,, 12:59.
                  “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                  "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                  sigpic

Comment

The word is "ask" and not pronounced "axe"
                    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Women who go braless and shouldn't.
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

To which I add:

Women who SHOULD go braless and don't
                        Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

1) People who spell "lose" as "loose".

2) Hippies with guns having abortions in church in Iraq.

3) Strangers who don't mind that their leg is touching mine on an airplane.

4) Large people in small clothes.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                            1) People who spell "lose" as "loose".

2) Hippies with guns having abortions in church in Iraq.

3) Strangers who don't mind that their leg is touching mine on an airplane.

4) Large people in small clothes.

-dale
                            Definitely agree with you on #4. So many female students wear the hip hugging jeans, that seem 2 sizes too small and they end up with "muffin tops"
                            “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                            "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                            sigpic

Comment

People who say "could of" instead of "could have"
                              People who say "Off of" instead of "from".
                              Those lesser beings who murder the English language by slovenly speech, giving rise to such ignorance as 'gonna' and 'wanna'.
                              Just wait until I become Emperor. These will become crimes where only capital punishment will suffice.
                              Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Working...
                              X