NCAA Bracket Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Bracket Pool

No money, just pride on the line. If you want to join the WAB NCAA pool, follow the instructions below (sorry, while it's free, you have to create a ESPN account).

This game gives you the chance to win $10,000 by predicting the winner of the most games in the 63 game men's college basketball tournament. A correct selection in the first round counts as 10 points, and in each succesive round the point values are doubled. You can create up to ten entries, and best of all, it's FREE to play.

Get in the action now:
    ESPN - Men's Tournament Challenge: WorldAffairsBoard Group Page

Game Front:
    ESPN - Men's Tournament Challenge: Game Home

Group: WorldAffairsBoard
    Password: talk_smack
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Feel free to enter, even though the game winning bracket has already been submitted!
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Deadline for entering a bracket prior to tipoff on Thursday.

Comment

Only one other March Madness fan out there . . . ?

Comment

War Cry

Badger-Badger
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

I can't access the URL from work.

And at home I am too busy watching basketball to try!;)

Go Mountaineers!!!

BTW, How 'Bout The Celtics!!!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

A.R. Reply

I don't know why but I could care less about the NBA these days. I mean they are OFF my radar completely. I don't miss their game one bit either.

It just isn't good basketball to watch anymore.
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

I had been that way for years. But I have to admit I was pulled back in by the Celtics...it is great to see a team play defense!
                Mark Twain

Comment

I found this thread too late, otherwise I would have joined. But Wisconsin won, and West Virginia beat Duke (any team that beats Duke is worth rooting for in my book)!!

I find college basketball much more exciting than the NBA. After Clyde Drexler and some guy named Michael retired the pros just haven't been the same.

Comment

Herodotus Reply

Too many over-grown children. I've never seen better athletes in my life and I've been watching the NBA since the spring of 1966. If so, why is the game largely unwatchable?

Men used to roam the hardwood- Bill Russell, Moses Malone, Wes Unseld, Nate Thurmond, Rick Mahorn. Guards like Don Cheaney, Walt Frazier, Sid Moncrief or Alvin Robertson would REFUSE to allow a guard to waltz the lane for all the slams which you see now. People could shoot open jump-shots.

Something's really missing from the NBA.

College is plenty good and a more thinking game until things advance well into the NBA playoffs. At that point, who cares?

By then I'm deep into baseball...

Comment

Herodotus

Originally posted by Herodotus View Post
                      I found this thread too late, otherwise I would have joined. But Wisconsin won, and West Virginia beat Duke (any team that beats Duke is worth rooting for in my book)!!
                      I find college basketball much more exciting than the NBA. After Clyde Drexler and some guy named Michael retired the pros just haven't been the same.
                      You are now my new best friend!

S2 and I are both in good spirits after the Badgers and Mounties won.
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Wow! The first time that the selection committee got the #1s correct, with all four making it to Final Four. I was surprised to see Wisconsin go down, although Davidson looked like a #4 or #5 seed and not a #10. My hats off to a great run by them.

Comment

Surprised by teh BAdgers as well.

But my Mounties were a pleasant surprise. Picked to finish 11 in the Big East; we finished fifth and make it to the Sweet 16. Not too bad.
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Badgers

#37 or #40 to start the year, depending. Last I saw we were up to #5 or #6 before losing. Picked in the bottom-half of the Big 10. Win the conference outright, win the conference tourney and sweet-sixteen.

Davidson? Three-points beats Kansas. All of our losses this year were to guard-oriented teams that could extend pressure on "d" and shoot. Three close losses and two whack-jobs by Duke at the start of the year and Davidson. I'm trying to think of a better shooter than Curry and I've damn near seen them all. Really special shooter and fine all-around player. Hats off to their run.

Comment

Working...
                            X