On War: Lessons To Be Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On War: Lessons To Be Learned

From H.R. McMaster and his sojourn at IISS. A worthy read that identifies the disconnect between developing our war-fighting doctrines to a concept of future warfare compatible with emerging technological capabilities instead of emerging realities of conflict.

Hope he find a promotion to B.G. from this. I'd think his last go-around is any time now.

On War: Lessons To Be Learned- H.R. McMaster IISS

Go to the free PDF link from the link which I've offered.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

I was able to Meet COL McMasters in person when he was stationed here "where I work." One sharp character, & one who seemed to be able to perfectly fill the need we had/ still have in this current conflict, imho.

I seem to remember that he'd already been passed over for the final time. Pity that some in our heirarchy can put personal retribution before what I refer to as "the REAL needs of the Army." (Seems he bruised a few egos in the Cabinet & Pentagon when he started offering advice on how OIF should be run...)

Thanks for the read, S-2. I'm printing it out to take home with me this evening.
    If you know the enemy and yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu

Comment

Working...
    X