PDA

View Full Version : A rather unusual question

Silent Hunter
02 Mar 08,, 13:53
Did actual Nazis ever say "We have ways of making you talk?" in English or German?

The Chap
02 Mar 08,, 14:13
One of the buggers must have said something close enough. I mean, how many phrases can one start an interogation with and "stay fresh":biggrin:

And just to be a pedant; I believe the cliche[sic] is " ... ways and means ... ":tongue:

T_igger_cs_30
02 Mar 08,, 14:21
Did actual Nazis ever say "We have ways of making you talk?" in English or German?

I have to say yes, there is a fascinating and historicly accurate series that was aired a number of years ago called "ALLO ALLO" you should check it out ..............:))

glyn
02 Mar 08,, 15:44
I have to say yes, there is a fascinating and historicly accurate series that was aired a number of years ago called "ALLO ALLO" you should check it out ..............:))

Ah, but Herr Flick (of the Gestapo) used to say "Vee haff vays of making you talk". :))

T_igger_cs_30
02 Mar 08,, 16:47
Ah, but Herr Flick (of the Gestapo) used to say "Vee haff vays of making you talk". :))

:biggrin:

Elbmek
26 May 08,, 13:19
In a manner of speaking this was true. But it was something along the lines of:

"You will answer our questions truthfully because, you know, we do have certain ways of enforcing this"