vacuum forming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum forming?

I just discovered you can still buy the Vacu-form machines on eBay along with repair parts! I'm thinking of getting one just for small stuff, canopies and gear doors, etc. Has anybody used one of these? What were your impressions? Thanks
    The more I think about it, ol' Billy was right.
    Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight.
    - The Eagles

I did an ebay search for the machines you mentioned. I have only seen a large scale one, but these smaller scale ones look great. If you are handy you can probably just by the book and do it yourself. I may just build one of my own, but I must complete some other projects on my list first. Thanks for the post, as you have sparked my interest in making this a future project.
    So, quit thinking, Go get one, and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Dad View Post
      I just discovered you can still buy the Vacu-form machines on eBay along with repair parts! I'm thinking of getting one just for small stuff, canopies and gear doors, etc. Has anybody used one of these? What were your impressions? Thanks
      I remember burning the crap out of my arm with one back when I was a kid.

You are talking about the old Mattel machine from the 60s right?

I also remember wasting lots of sheets of plastic. With so-so results.

Don't know what price range you are looking for but I have seen plans on various model forums on how to make your own. Using a standard shop vac as the pump and a toaster oven or home stove to heat the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        I remember burning the crap out of my arm with one back when I was a kid.

You are talking about the old Mattel machine from the 60s right?

I also remember wasting lots of sheets of plastic. With so-so results.

Don't know what price range you are looking for but I have seen plans on various model forums on how to make your own. Using a standard shop vac as the pump and a toaster oven or home stove to heat the plastic.
        Hello Gun Grape!
        Can you post some links related to this? I am interested in knowing more about creating plastic models.

Comment

Working...
        X