This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India+Russia vs. China+Pakistan

I know it will never happen, but im just curious what the war would be like? WOuld China send 2 million soldiers to assault India, and 2 million soldiers to attack russia? How would it work?

Originally posted by KONTAKT ERA
    I know it will never happen, but im just curious what the war would be like? WOuld China send 2 million soldiers to assault India, and 2 million soldiers to attack russia? How would it work?
    Frankly, the attack wouldn't work out too good. To attack India, the Chinese would have to go through Kashmir, with very rugged terrain. I doubt China will be able to make any landgrabs, well atleast not like 1962. The Indian Army has come a long way from Nehru's era. The Indian Army was basically being torn apart by Nehru himself, who cut the army short to only about a 100,000 soldiers. Plans were made to disband more soldiers to cut the army to a size of only about 50,000 troops, but then the invasion came, Nehru left office and then came the rise of the Indian Army. Since the 1962 Indo-Chin war, India has made several para-guerilla units to be paradropped and then to operate in Chinese territory. Besides, the Chinese would face tough Guerilla warfare and I doubt they would fare good against the Indian soldiers who are actually experienced with this warfare carrying out operations against the insurgents. Pakistan... wouldn't make much difference to India, the Indian Navy would probably bombard the cr@p out of Pakistani harbours, like Karachi (lol, remember 1971...) the Indian airforce would crush the pakistani airforce in no time, and the ground forces wouldn't really make much land grabs from either side. The war would probably go into a stallment.

The Chinese attacking Russia... I have never considered this, but the Chinese might just surprise the Russians, but I'm sure once the war has come to a stallment in the south and Russia has ended all supplies to China, the war would probably end with China crumbling apart day by day. Also, the Chinese airforce will probably suffer great losses if they go on an all out offensive.

But now coming back to reality... this war will probably never take place, well atleast not anytime soon. To attack India and Russia, China would have to take it's focus off Taiwan which it surely isn't ready to do. Also, Pakistan wouldn't make much difference except for keeping several Indian soldiers occupied fighting them instead of China.
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

THats funny, but Im gonna aagree with u, i just wanted to clarify it. THanx for ur info, im am enternally greatful.

Comment

This isn't a very faire scenario. India + Russia VS China + US + Pakistan would be a better scenario

Comment

Originally posted by KONTAKT ERA
          Tactical suicide!

Comment

Originally posted by cooldw57
            This isn't a very faire scenario. India + Russia VS China + US + Pakistan would be a better scenario
            Only if Henry Kissinger came alive again.... and you have to convince about 80-85% of Americans about allying with China Best of Luck!!
            A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by cooldw57
              china + US against anyone is not a fair scenario.IMHO this alliance can defeat almost any power in the world.China has an almost unlimited supply of men and US has the unlimited supply of machines, so together they can win over any nation.

but i wonder whether such an alliance would ever be formed, at any time in the future.

Comment

Russia will kill China's army.

China cannot match Russia in manuever and fire manuevers.

Numbers don't mean squat in today's modern warfare.

What counts are capability, firepower, manuever, and staying power.

Comment

Well let it be said that the Chinese weapons are all copies of Russian and American weapons just about. China could not definitely contend with Russia in a conventional war. Russia has superior air power, better mobility, and transport. United States is the most mobile of all armed nations. Russian economy is poor, but in war, the industry takes full swing to support the effort. China may have more manpower, but bombers can easily make pancakes out of them and any ground forces such as tanks. As in the case of Vietnam, Vietcong always outnumbered the Americans, but American airpower made quick work of them. India and Pakistan have a logistical problem of weapons, and supply. India may have paratroopers, they serve only part of a role in full blown war. WW2 had Russia with a poor military. They had huge casualties in pushing back the Germans, but they still contributed to Germany's defeat in the end. I think India would beat Pakistan.
                  Last edited by metalbeast; 01 Mar 05,, 22:19.

Comment

Originally posted by metalbeast
                    Well let it be said that the Chinese weapons are all copies of Russian and American weapons just about. China could not definitely contend with Russia in a conventional war. Russia has superior air power, better mobility, and transport. United States is the most mobile of all armed nations. Russian economy is poor, but in war, the industry takes full swing to support the effort. China may have more manpower, but bombers can easily make pancakes out of them and any ground forces such as tanks. As in the case of Vietnam, Vietcong always outnumbered the Americans, but American airpower made quick work of them. India and Pakistan have a logistical problem of weapons, and supply. India may have paratroopers, they serve only part of a role in full blown war. WW2 had Russia with a poor military. They had huge casualties in pushing back the Germans, but they still contributed to Germany's defeat in the end. I think India would beat Pakistan.
                    well it all depends on till when it remains a non nuclear conflict . because it wont take IAF to take down PAF in a weeks time. And then free to attack on china. Only transportaion for war in paksitan.
                    IN will block the Karachi port and stop all supplies to pakistan.
                    And surely a lot will be left in india to indulge with chineese at the same time. The terrain between india and china will make the army movements really difficult but heavy losses will be put on chineese by air strikes from india and russia. On the russian front due to large russian depth the chineese will need a lot of time to make considerable edges. While india will be all free in a week or two to go on china with a lot of Air Force.
                    Last edited by ajaybhutani; 02 Mar 05,, 14:36.

Comment

While india will be all free in a week or two to go on china with a lot of force.
                      WTF are you talking about?? You think you can win a war against Pakistan in a week...b0llocks!!
                      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

btw, are there any chineese indahouse? It would be interesting to hear arguments "from the other side" :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                          WTF are you talking about?? You think you can win a war against Pakistan in a week...b0llocks!!
                          i intended to say that in terms of AF(Air force ) just missed the word Air before the force. my fault
                          Last edited by ajaybhutani; 02 Mar 05,, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Injecteer
                            btw, are there any chineese indahouse? It would be interesting to hear arguments "from the other side" :)
                            ya this thread is getting more of one sided

Comment

yep right here...., ok here it goes, china will never be able to fight its way to moscow and russia will never make it to Beijing cuz last time they tried they ended up been nuked (we said we were testing a nuclear bomb and ended up dropping it on their invading tank armada) or sunk in the yalu (we shelled the ice their tanks was going on, but dont think thats true) and rightnow the russian army are in disarray and navy are almost all mothballed. But if china invades russian, we'll freeze in siberia just like the germans and we dont got a single bomber that can strike more than 1000 km and there is nothing worth hitting within 1000 km of the border. Also china and russia are disarming at its borders so half of the war would to move troops there.

as in case of india and pakistan, it would be J-6 vs whatever u Inf got
                              but i dont think a squadron of Su-30 from INF will do much to china

Comment

Working...
                              X