• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for some great news?

Purty funny the way Ace puts it, too:

Tragic: Father, 15 Year Old Sons Killed By Jihadist Landmine in Afghanistan
    —Ace
    The tragedy is slightly lessened by the fact it was the jihadists planting the mine themselves who were killed.

A LANDMINE blew up in the home of a religious cleric in southern Afghanistan, killing the mullah, two of his sons and two other men who had been preparing an attack, police said today.
    The cleric's wife was critically wounded in the blast in their compound in the southern province of Helmand late yesterday, and a daughter was hurt, provincial police chief General Mohammad Hussein Andiwal said.

The bodies of the mullah and his two sons, both under 15 years old, remained at the site of the blast, he said.

Other people in the compound said two other men were killed but their bodies had been removed before police arrived, he said.
    Coalition forces have reported "a significant uptick in dramatic irony" in the Helmand province lately, and called this latest incident "as worrisome as it is hilarious."
    Now, you just canNOT fail to see the humor, here.

HAH!

No you cant great story! Where did you get that from?

Comment

Nothing like an "own goal" to cheer up the boys.......right Tankie/Dave
      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Heh. That's too great. That just made my day.

Comment

That is another definition of BIP

Comment

Originally posted by BadKharma View Post
            No you cant great story! Where did you get that from?
            Ace of Spades HQ

Comment

Can I just add one thing more from that website that I found hilarious?

Neil Young is CRUSHED by Your Apathy

Neil Young has decided that his 2006 anti-war tour didn't do a thing to change the world.

Canadian folk rock legend Neil Young said he has lost all hope that music can change the world, as he presented a documentary about his 2006 anti-war concert tour at the Berlin film festival on Friday.

"I know that the time when music could change the world is past. I really doubt that a single song can make a difference. It is a reality," Young told reporters.

"I don't think the tour had any impact on voters."

Really, though, what did Young think was going to happen? If he just pointed his guitar (or whatever), people would storm the White House calling for impeachment? I'm not surprised that he's disappointed.
              Love that last bit. :))

It so lovingly sums up the Looney Tunes Left: "Everything will be just fine if we all sit around the campfire and sing Kumbaya"

Is realpolitick such a brand new concept that these idiots have never heard of it?
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                What does BIP stands for? Boil in peace?

Comment

*** wiping off my keyboard and monitor *** Hitesh, warn me next time. I wasted a perfectly good sip of Glenlivet.

Blow In Place - essentially instead of moving the mine or ordnance you want to get rid off, you cover it with plastique or d-chord and ignite it

... or $30 at your cheapest hooker on the corner.

Comment

or $30 at your cheapest hooker on the corner.
                    Aw yuck, and was it all hairy and how do you remember if you had that much to drink,,,Sir.

Cheers

Comment

Old Engineers joke. However, I did hire an escourt once ... at a function where arriving alone was not an option. The function was 4 hours long ... and I will let you guess how much a newly commissioned Captain arriving on post just 48 hours prior can afford.

Comment

Like Father Like son (s)
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                          Nothing like an "own goal" to cheer up the boys.......right Tankie/Dave
                          Too True..It's good for troop moral and highly recommended

Comment

[QUOTE=Officer of Engineers;458370]*** wiping off my keyboard and monitor *** Hitesh, warn me next time. I wasted a perfectly good sip of Glenlivet. QUOTE]

Jeez..good job it wasn't the good stuff;)

Comment

Burst in Plane?

Seems like another work related accident to me. ;)

-dale

Comment

Working...
                              X