PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Giants and their Fans

S2
04 Feb 08,, 03:10
Great game. I feel better now knowing that my Packers lost in O.T. to the Super Bowl champs.

Best run I've seen. Three playoff wins on the ROAD for the privilege of losing to the Pats.

The "G" men had other ideas.

Shek
04 Feb 08,, 03:13
Plaxico sure made the off-season easier on himself after catching the game winning TD. However, my vote for MVP is Tyree. TD with a drive saving catch off his own helmet.

wkllaw
04 Feb 08,, 03:15
Ah yes, I just saw the game, I now really love the odds for the Giants since I made a few bets.:biggrin:

Anyway, I'm not much of a American football fan so I don't know much, but can I say that was amazing.

Bluesman
04 Feb 08,, 03:16
What an AWESOME game!

I wasn't all that dedicated to the season, nor any particular team; I just wanted a good game.

Well, we all got a GREAT game!

GO GIANTS!!!:biggrin:

Parihaka
04 Feb 08,, 03:29
Not a patch on Rugby you understand;) but not bad, not bad:biggrin:

S2
04 Feb 08,, 03:29
How Manning escaped pressure outright AND avoid an "in the grasp" was, by itself, stunning.

Tyree's catch was better.

Bluesman
04 Feb 08,, 03:37
How Manning escaped pressure outright AND avoid an "in the grasp" was, by itself, stunning.

Tyree's catch was better.

That ONE PLAY was a highlight reel all by itself. Incredible athleticism on BOTH ends of the play.

WICKED fine game...

S2
04 Feb 08,, 04:32
A.R. is in deep pain. Perfection gone. J.D. nearly gone...

...maybe one more drink.

Kansas Bear
04 Feb 08,, 06:15
Laphroaig 10
Balvenie 12
Laphroaig 10

Giants 17
Patriots 14

Who's complaining?:)

Kansas Bear
04 Feb 08,, 06:16
Great game. I feel better now knowing that my Packers lost in O.T. to the Super Bowl champs.

Best run I've seen. Three playoff wins on the ROAD for the privilege of losing to the Pats.

The "G" men had other ideas.

At least Favre didn't cry like T.O. when he lost! :biggrin:

S2
04 Feb 08,, 06:21
The Giants went on the road to beat Jeff Garcia, Tony Romo, Brett Favre, and Tom Brady.

I saw them for those last three games. They pummeled the three hottest Q.B.s in the game.

It was an unbelievable run earned every step of the way.

dalem
04 Feb 08,, 07:39
Yep.

I rooted for the Pats but in the end it came down to the big plays, and NE didn't have one and NY had that awesome slip-throw-catch.

Very nicely done and good on the Giants for not caring that they were expected to lose.

Still would've liked to see NE squeak it out though.

-dale

Mobbme
04 Feb 08,, 07:52
Picked NE to win every weekend. I was right through 17 weeks until today. My team lost the most important game. I'm not hanging my head too low, because I know they'll be back next year, and the next and the next :)

dave lukins
04 Feb 08,, 10:31
Ah yes, I just saw the game, I now really love the odds for the Giants since I made a few bets.:biggrin:

Anyway, I'm not much of a American football fan so I don't know much, but can I say that was amazing.

It was shown on the BBC late last night. I have never watched a game before. After about 20 minutes, and watching people running nowhere, play being stopped every 10 seconds, plus not having a clue on who runs where and why, I had to call it a night. Anyway, Congratulations to the Winners:)

Exarecr
04 Feb 08,, 11:46
It's how I feel about rugby. If anyone can sort that out then American football should be easy. The actual game was I have to admit not to bad but the hype,oh my god the endless hype. The next best thing was of course the commercials,always worth the admission.

ShawnG
04 Feb 08,, 13:50
The week 17 38-35 shootout left me with the expectations of a relatively high scoring game. Defense wins championships, but also leads to a boring game. Now, I'm not saying this one was comletely terrible, but the game would have been infinitely more exciting had they completely removed the
2nd and 3rd quarters.

Go 49ers. Maybe a .500 or above team next year! (wishful thinking...)

ashkon
07 Feb 08,, 13:38
I enjoyed Tom Petty playin at half time than i did the game.