1/96 and other Scale Models, some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/96 and other Scale Models, some questions

Hi all you modelers out there. I have been itching to either build or buy a 1/96 scale Iowa class battleship. Has anyone here built one? Or have one for sale for that matter?

The 1/144 scale combat model warships are interesting also. It seems like a fun hobby to participate in. Anyone here a builder of them, or a member of a group? Please do share your experiences.

As far as modeling experience goes, I have a few under my belt, nothing major mind you. My first R/C ship was the Blue Devil Fletcher Class Destroyer It took me a few days to outfit it with everything including paint. It was fun to build and ran great with the setup I had in it. It did take on some water, but never went to the bottom of the pool thank goodness. The blue devil was the largest model I have built so far. Other models include the RMS Titanic (I think the scale was 1:650 or something) the USS New Jersey (same scale as Titanic) a 1/450 USS Missouri and various car/truck models.

One of the next projects that is on my list is to make a steam propulsion plant for a 1/96 scale ship. It will be of my own design (different than the ones offered on some of the web sites I have looked at), and also maybe even a solid fuel power plant to run on the bench.

Thanks for your time, and any insight or info you can share about these models will be appreciated. Thanks for your time fellow modelers.

Welcome to WAB!!:)

I built a 1/96 of the USS Enterprise years ago. Detailing is real hard and tedious - but fun.

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
      Welcome to WAB!!:)

I built a 1/96 of the USS Enterprise years ago. Detailing is real hard and tedious - but fun.
      Do you have any pictures that you can share of the enterprise 1/96? Do they also make 1/96 Military Personnel for those ships?

Comment

Working...
      X