PDA

View Full Version : gears of nerf war

bolo121
23 Jan 08,, 19:44
had to post this. Just too cool and funny

Lancer - NerfHaven (http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10596)

gunnut
25 Jan 08,, 11:25
That is awesome.

Have you ever played with Nerf toys?

bolo121
25 Jan 08,, 11:48
just a couple of times a few years ago when i was a student in the UK
a pal of mine had brothers in america who sent him stuff

gunnut
25 Jan 08,, 22:45
Nerf toys are great. We have Nerf balls of all sorts so kids can throw then without breaking too many things. We also have Nerf guns that we can shoot each other without poking someone's eyes out.

Not sure if you know the term "nerf" in computer gaming lexicon. It came from Nerf toys. Nerfing as in rendering something less damaging.

glyn
25 Jan 08,, 23:17
Nerf toys are great. We have Nerf balls of all sorts so kids can throw then without breaking too many things. We also have Nerf guns that we can shoot each other without poking someone's eyes out.

Not sure if you know the term "nerf" in computer gaming lexicon. It came from Nerf toys. Nerfing as in rendering something less damaging.

In the UK 'nerf' generally means a low speed driving accident which causes little damage. It was also used in RAF parlance for an aircraft which touched some obstacle when being ground handled. The latter definition has gone out of fashion and aircraft are now said to have acquired 'hangar rash'.

bolo121
26 Jan 08,, 07:51

Hmm didnt know that, im a bit of a casual gamer as my budget allows, but i dont do any multiplayer (costs too much and i have a slow net connection)
Currently im spending my time trying to win missions in COH-OF with only marders

gunnut
26 Jan 08,, 10:53
Oh man you have way too much time on your hands...

Then again, I played through Act of War, thought it was too easy, so I set it to the highest difficulty and used only infantry. I still beat it. Zerging rules!