Knee Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee Surgery

If you guys hadn't noticed, I've been spending alot more time on the forum for the past couple months, but was also quite behind in mailing butter cookies. ;) Tore my ACL and medial meniscus Nov 17th. Had surgery performed by one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the state Friday morning. Laid down on the operating table and the next thing I knew I was in the recovery room.

All went well, except for the Nilla Wafers they gave me. If I'd known I would've brought a tin of butter cookies with me!
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Oh snap. Are you better now? When can you walk?

Yes another kitty picture. I hope you're not too mad at me :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
      If you guys hadn't noticed, I've been spending alot more time on the forum for the past couple months, but was also quite behind in mailing butter cookies. ;) Tore my ACL and medial meniscus Nov 17th. Had surgery performed by one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the state Friday morning. Laid down on the operating table and the next thing I knew I was in the recovery room.

All went well, except for the Nilla Wafers they gave me. If I'd known I would've brought a tin of butter cookies with me!
      Wishing you a full and speedy recovery:)

Comment

Best wishes for a quick recovery.
        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Oh snap. Are you better now? When can you walk?
          Not quite... very stiff and sore still. I'm taking percocets and oxycontins to dull the pain. Plan on laying to bed with an ice water circulator running through the knee immobilizer. Takes a few minutes to get out of bed.

Thanks to everyone else for the well wishes. :)

Comment

[QUOTE=Ironduke;450076]Had surgery performed by one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the state Friday morning. Laid down on the operating table and the next thing I knew I was in the recovery room.

QUOTE]

A friend of mine had appendix surgery at university clinic , after the narcosis set in and he was undressed under the sheet , the doors opened and he was rolled to the surgery room . Everything went quietly darker and then he heard a voice from surgeon ´And here comes another naked young man for you ´ and heard giggles . There were about 20 young female medical students
            in the room . He told it somewhat ruined the effects of narcosis and next time he´d try DIY :) . Hope you´ll heal well .
            If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

[QUOTE=Ironduke;450076] Tore my ACL and medial meniscus Nov 17th.

Sorry to hear that Matt. How did it happen? Considerable force must have been used.
              Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                Sorry to hear that Matt. How did it happen? Considerable force must have been used.
                I landed on it quite wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                  I landed on it quite wrong.
                  Sounds like a considerable understatement.
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

I hope you're doing well bud,here's to a speedy and pain-free recovery:) .
                    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yikes Matt, that is considerable injury, I've torn my meniscus also, it was not fun. Try really hard in the physical therapy. Plus, from what I understand, if they inject steriods into a repaired ligaments while combining this with a proper stretching routine, your ligament will actually come out stronger than it was originally.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,
                      -Stan
                      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Ouch, I hope you get well soon.

Will you regain all the function and strength?
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                          Yikes Matt, that is considerable injury, I've torn my meniscus also, it was not fun. Try really hard in the physical therapy. Plus, from what I understand, if they inject steriods into a repaired ligaments while combining this with a proper stretching routine, your ligament will actually come out stronger than it was originally.

-Stan

Heard the same.

Wishing you a speedy recovery as well. Physical therapy is very veyr important

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                            I hope you're doing well bud,here's to a speedy and pain-free recovery:) .
                            1 2nd that but if not, do remember, drugs are your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                              if they inject steriods into a repaired ligament will actually come out stronger than it was originally.

-Stan
                              But Female:)) Sorry about the downside

Comment

Working...
                              X