Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our military is doom?!

Lower standards both physically, mental and legal,

Lack of recruit , lack of desire among the youth to serve our nation.

A culture too soft, hedonist and to adverse to sacrifice and pain.

Produce one whose soldier suffer of mental problems in a per cent higher than any other war

50 years ago, the soldier who experienced torture and pain in the jungles of Philipines, in the jungles of Malasya , in Europe, they did not seems to experience such syndrome.
    They were members of a tougher generation more willing to face nasty, and gritty scenaries., More willing to sacrifice , they trusted our civilization and goverments and feel confident in our history and they believe in our superiority and exceptionalism

America after WWII entered a kind of Nihilistic phase, full of doubts , full of relativism , full of distrust and even hate in our ways .

Full of guilt and lack of moral certitude which embodied the previous generations.

OUr military mirrors our civilian society, our armed forces members are
    recruits shaped by 50 years of popular cultures, from declined standards in our once golden educational system to low steem patriotism to less golden standard of moral code, to less confidence in our institutions and political and economical class
    Multicultural agenda had weaken the cohesion and patriotism , like nailing the coffin of the previous Cult to American nationalism

So lower standards in training, lower standards in recruits, lower per cent of youth who wants to sacrifice for our nation

while Presidents be Republican or Democrats shower money to many programs including educational programs who poison the mind and hearts of American born with ideas and feeling of hate America, we are not Americans and feeding terrorist.

Our leaders banquet and celebrate the hand who feed both ideological and materially September 11 , of course they ploclaim , We are Christians

Yes , Christian helping those who persecute Christiniaty

and the worse is the reaction of the public, the majority willing comply and applaud such Leader

A soft and hedonist culture lack the integrity and will to sacrifice

While the generation of WWII belonged to a more cohesive, patriotic era

less relativistic , our is full of self doubts and identity wise fully divided

United we win divided we lost

So our military who since Korea had experienced stalemate , with the exception of GRenada and was unable to convert our victories in the First Gulf War and the Balkans in real long term gains, due to losing in the negotiation tables our hard won military victories

really is becoming a laughing stock. a Paper Tiger

Present generation of
    Generals unable to bring victories, and allowed to be in command,
    while Lincoln fired his generals as soon as they failed

Lack of improvisation, lack of using grey cells,

Military history is full of exaMPLE OF GENERALS WE able to adapt and numerically superiority is not indispensable.

Alexander, the Mongols , Henry V, Cortez they lacked such numerically superiority but they knew how to win battles,

To bunker in false safety , claiming we are safe because our armies are the best equipped, the best trained, we are the only superpower

ignoring that Performance and victories is what really shows a winner not the rest.

We are trying to escape reality

we need to confront the ugly truth, We need to win, in order to win, we need cultural changes, economical changes and we need to act fast, in order to win we need to confront our cultural , political weakness despite all the controversies,

We can not be avoiding making the tough choices, is it the survival of the WEst , otherwise we will follow up the historic trend of a superior technological society going soft and insecure which fall at the hands of a more cohesive, more ideological inflame , secured , with larger birth rate and more barbaric both cultural and less wealthy.

Does who ignore history are condenm to repeat the past
    But lets face it neither our military or our civil leadership have shown the toughness to confront our people, Americans , and put it like it is

It is easier to avoid the tough and hard cultural changes needed to survive than to make some minor and comestic gestures

but doing the second , the easiest road does not help.

Our lord Jesus , says, I paraphrase, the road to perdition is ample, while the road to salvation is narrow

regardless of your religion etc , what my Lord says is applicable in politics culture etc

and so far our ship is sinking and everybody is follow the footsteps of a
    Melting Europe and a rising Euroarabia and everyday we become more like the Dying Europeans and less than the former vigoreous and confident Americans and that it reflected in our solider and performance and mental problems in our army

God has mercy of us

My dear fellow have mercy.
    Repeat after me:
    I will use complete sentences.
    The computer gods gave us spell check for a reason.
    Punctuation is important and so is sentence construction.
    Paragraphs need to be organised at least somewhat logically.
    For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Nonetheless,

Welcome!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Honestly Polybius, get a grip of yourself man. There are plenty of professional soldiers on this board who we've come to know, and none of them fit the rediculous alarmist model you seem to so wholeheartedly advocate. Go back to the hole you crawled out of until you learn some manners, learn some respect, and most of all learn how to not be a choad.
        In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
        The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

The standards may be lowered, but the training is still the same. Some of my friends had to get waivers to join, but they were still very motivated.

Comment

Hey, Pollie,

You're smoking something good out from your butt!

Comment

I'm gonna sing the doom song now!

Comment

us military is just fine, and it will remain like that, as long as you and ppl like you stay out of it.
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Polybius, do a few things for us for our sanity:

1. stop smoking weed
                  2. stop posting while smoking weed
                  3. stop following Ron Paul
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

And do please give my compliments to Yoda when you next see him.:)
                    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

He may have a point about cohesion and the voluntary military. Otherwise I see a faith follower facing down the final moments of his religion.

Comment

And your expertise on this is what?

Comment

I always find amusing those who feel that the WWII generation was far more patriotic, united and willing to serve than Americans today. Our society then is a commonly held ideal... but only because we don't live there. Much like the 1990's will probably be held as a better time in place (and in many circles already is) as we begin to forget about all of the problems and uncertainties that confronted us in those times.

When considering the WWII generation it is important to point out that the US military had some difficulty increasing numbers prior to WWII when congress began authorizing major force expansions... that without US military being deployed across the world and in two conflicts... and far fewer in number, both in terms of standard strength and the numbers they were attempting to attain.

I also like to point out that that same generation of Americans that rallied so thoroughly to the cause of total victory required a major attack on American soil to do anything about it. A Japanese attack on an American gunboat (in a war that the US public didn't approve of) wasn't enough... nor were German U-boat attacks on American shipping in the Atlantic in a war against our only fellow democracies. And reading contemporary writing from the post-war years, there seems to be considerable disagreement regarding America's role in the world and how (and what) obligations should be met... perhaps more so than today.

And then there was the Korean War... hardly our finest hour when it came to national unity and military competence (when referring to military competence I am talking about the early days of the war as we were being forced back to the Pusan perimeter and later as we retreated before the Chinese).

This is just foreign policy I have addressed. That is completely skipping over the civil rights movement, the Warren Court, the almost total autonomy some areas experienced during the Great Depression (Louisiana under Huey Long springs instantly to mind), the various rioting and barely suppressed social unrest of the 1930's ect. I will grant that the WWII generation was more severely tested than America today and that it helped shape who they were... but it is important to remember that they weren't some kind of ideal, selfless, hardworking society that were united in their march onto the world stage and has put America since to shame.

Comment

I'd also like to point out that our military now is well above historical levels... as late as 1914 our Army was a little over 100,000 strong... making us less of a land based power than Bulgaria... and when we left WWII we demobilized our Army to a fraction of what it is today power-wise. It wasn't until the Korean war forced us to recognize that our commitments in the post-war world were greater than before that we actually brought our Army up from the absolute minimum necessary for occupation duties and home defense.

Comment

Working...
                            X