New Mosque for London?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mosque for London?

They are currently debateing the construction of a new 200 million dollar mosque in London which according to news reports I viewed this morning is turning into a real clash of cultures. I had absoloutly no Idea there was so much of a Muslim presence in England. Is there realy cause for worry here or is it all much ado about nothing?

2.8% of the population according to the 2001 Census describe themselves as Muslims- and mosque attendances are greater than churches now.

There's some minor worry, but the only people who really care about it are the BNP.

Comment

Nothing like it.

An interesting and exotic addition to the British landscape at best!

As it is, none knows what goes on in the British Mosques!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Better to observe the muslim population and let them gather openly
        deny them permission and not know what goes on at thousands of informal mosques that would spring up.
        At least here some surveillance can be done
        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
          They are currently debateing the construction of a new 200 million dollar mosque in London which according to news reports I viewed this morning is turning into a real clash of cultures. I had absoloutly no Idea there was so much of a Muslim presence in England. Is there realy cause for worry here or is it all much ado about nothing?
          How is a muslim presence something to worry about?
          at

Comment

You misunderstand my point. What I thought I conveyed was, are the divisions between groups debating this construction so polarized along ethnic lines that endless squabbles are inevitable.(I sure wish I knew how to bracket and place lines of sentences like you guys do).

Comment

There will be a clash of cultures over it. But the cultures are probably as much about planning regulations, land usage and traffic management, as about religious ideas.

Look at the "clash of cultures" that is happening over the expansion of Heathrow.
              at

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                Nothing like it.

An interesting and exotic addition to the British landscape at best!

As it is, none knows what goes on in the British Mosques!
                An insight into what goes on is the book "The Islamist" by Ed Husain. An account of the life of the author from a spiritual British Muslim boy, to an Islamist recruited in one of the mosques, to visiting muslim lands, encountering sufi-ism and realising that not only is Islamism totally at odds with Spiritual-Islam, but that the foundations of Islamism are kuffar! He is of the opinion that some of the truest Islam he encountered was spiritual Islam in Britain, and not the Wahabbism of Saudi Arabia or the Islam of even the holy sites or the places such as Syria.
                at

Comment

Lets just hope the Imam of this new mosque will be trained at the Presidency of Religious Affairs in Ankara, Turkey (The true authority on Islam). Rather than trained by some Wahabbi cleric in the desert....alternatively boy are we going to see some colourful language!

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                    There's some minor worry, but the only people who really care about it are the BNP.
                    You mean the NBP?

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth View Post
                      An insight into what goes on is the book "The Islamist" by Ed Husain. An account of the life of the author from a spiritual British Muslim boy, to an Islamist recruited in one of the mosques, to visiting muslim lands, encountering sufi-ism and realising that not only is Islamism totally at odds with Spiritual-Islam, but that the foundations of Islamism are kuffar! He is of the opinion that some of the truest Islam he encountered was spiritual Islam in Britain, and not the Wahabbism of Saudi Arabia or the Islam of even the holy sites or the places such as Syria.
                      That maybe true.

But then, it is the British born who are causing the worry.

Not the original immigrants, who had come to better their lives.

The Tablighi, which is said to be a peaceful organisation spreading Islam, has been causing some worry in Europe and the US as per articles available on the net!

Wahhabis are the ones who follow the Quaran in letter and spirit and reject the interpretations.

There was an excellent treatise by one of the Moderators of Pak Forces Forum (now PDF), A Rehman, on the issue.

Of course, one cannot paint all with the same brush though this statement from your post worries about the mosques!

An account of the life of the author from a spiritual British Muslim boy, to an Islamist recruited in one of the mosques
                      Last edited by Ray; 15 Jan 08,, 03:37.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

We must agree with the Bishop of Rochester that hostility is isolating the communities from each other.
                        "If we will not be governed by God then we will be ruled by tyrants" -William Penn

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Bailey View Post
                          We must agree with the Bishop of Rochester that hostility is isolating the communities from each other.
                          The clergy in all religions want to keep a hold over his flock and consequences be damned!

The coffers have to be filled for the betterment of their own lives before the betterment of the religion!

I am a non believer for the very same reason!

God and humanity takes second place except in the sermons.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Feanor View Post
                            You mean the NBP?
                            No, the British National Party.

Comment

Let them build it but tell them straight from the get go..If you seek to teach destruction and hatred then it will come down faster then you could build it.;)
                              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
                              X