Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WAB features poll

Fellow members,

I would like to gauge interest in adding a couple of features to the World Affairs Board. One would be a blog, probably WordPress, in which members could volunteer or asked to write for.

WordPress › Blog Tool and Weblog Platform

The second would be a PhotoPost, which is a photo gallery made for vBulletin software that we use.

PhotoPost Photo Sharing PHP Gallery with vBulletin Forum Integration

Any other recommendations would be welcome as well.
    WordPress Blog & PhotoPost Gallery
    68.18%
    WordPress Blog
    6.82%
    PhotoPost Gallery
    18.18%
    Neither
    6.82%
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

What about a reputation system? Sorry if this is the wrong place to suggest, but it seems to work well on other forums.

Comment

A reputation system is an option vBulletin feature, but I never saw the point of it. This isn't a popularity contest. ;)

Comment

These seem like good ideas to try out. I like 'em.

-dale

Comment

A worthwhile venture, IMO. I should have voted for both. But I voted just for the blog because it struck me as the most interesting of the two.
          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

I am not interested in a blog, or whatever its called. They have been the subject of much degradation in the media, usally student ones I might add. I see no need for such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
              I am not interested in a blog, or whatever its called. They have been the subject of much degradation in the media, usally student ones I might add. I see no need for such a thing.
              I'm sure our writings would be vastly superior to the various blogs that are degraded in the media.

Comment

thanks Ironduke

Mike
                sigpic

Comment

I voted for both - try it and see if we like it.
                  Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Worth an experiment!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Both. Maintaining a quality blog is a lot of work though.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
                        Elmbek,
                        There are many potential ways to use a blog. See the link in this post for an example, http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wor...real-time.html.
                        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

I'd use neither so I voted neither. I'm not into complicated features.

Comment

I don't care either way or the other. I've even limited the number of threads I partake in on this board.

Went to my cardiologist Tuesday for regular check up. My heart is fine and my lungs are clear. The medications prescribed are correct for now. However, they have ordered me not to take Naprocene for the inflamation in my ankles anymore.

Why? I asked.

Because you have a chronic kidney disease.

I do? Since when? The only thing I was ever told about was a cyst in my left kidney after I passed a kidney stone 25 years ago.

So they took another blood test.

They called the following day and I have gout, which is why my ankles hurt so much. So another prescription med has been ordered.

Sure as hell sucks getting old.
                            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Bringing in a blog format would be a logical add on and its success depending on if it can be implemented to co-exist.

Over-all, however I would favor a photo gallery type add-on. If this is a place where you have people from around the world. I think if people were to have a place to post athentic photo's by authentic people it would bring in added value to just written words.

Comment

Working...
                              X