PDA

View Full Version : Do you view "Latest Thread Submissions"?

Ironduke
08 Jan 08,, 13:53
I programmed it around a year ago, and never really thought to ask members whether they use it or not. So, do you use it, or have you never really noticed it? ;)

If you do view it, do you think it should display more threads? Less? Be positioned elsewhere?

Tronic
08 Jan 08,, 13:56
Hey, I think that its actually an excellent thing, though, never really got around to making use of it. :redface:

Blademaster
08 Jan 08,, 14:58
I do view it. I like it where it is right now.

dave lukins
08 Jan 08,, 15:04
I used it just last night

Debbie
08 Jan 08,, 16:23
I look at it ALL the time.

GAU-8
08 Jan 08,, 17:18
I'll use it more now that you've brought it up.

JCT
08 Jan 08,, 17:30
Not really, but I may do so in the future! I think the place for it remains at the bottom of the page.

dalem
08 Jan 08,, 19:07
I don't but I think a lot of people do. It's a cool feature.

-dale

TopHatter
08 Jan 08,, 19:18
Use it all the time. :)

It's in a good spot, IMHO.

Southie
08 Jan 08,, 20:59
I view it all the time too! Location is fine with me! Thanks for asking. :biggrin:

ShawnG
08 Jan 08,, 21:18
I agree with the above. Though, as new as I am, I never know it was there until I read this thread. Now I'll be using it all the time.

Feanor
08 Jan 08,, 23:18
Didn't know it was there. In any event, for me at least, all threads that have been posted in or made since I last logged one, appear in bold.

Ray
09 Jan 08,, 17:47
Yes.

But it changes slowly.

glyn
09 Jan 08,, 18:44
Not normally, as all new posts are boldened since my last visit to the site but I must admit I have on occasion found items of interest there that I had managed to miss whilst going through the posts.

Ironduke
10 Jan 08,, 06:41
Not normally, as all new posts are boldened since my last visit to the site but I must admit I have on occasion found items of interest there that I had managed to miss whilst going through the posts.
Multiple redundancies are always good. Threads can get buried in the "New Posts" display, but they stick around a bit longer down there.

Yes.

But it changes slowly.
Yep, it shows new threads in the order they were received, regardless of the latest post on them.

I do view it. I like it where it is right now.
The idea was to put it somewhere where it wouldn't be in the way for people who don't want to use it, but of course where people who do can.

I'm glad to see people have view it, makes it seem like not such a waste of code insertion. :)

Tarek Morgen
10 Jan 08,, 08:37
I do use it sometimes, but usually I simply use the "new posts" feature.

captain
10 Jan 08,, 11:02
Good features and I do take notice.

Don't mess with it,, it aint broke.:)

Cheers.