Indian LCH (Light Combat Helicopter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian LCH (Light Combat Helicopter)

Some further development of their "light" series.
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

the gun does not pivot it just sticks out and the FLIR is poorly placed I see a lot more work on that thing. oh yeah

Comment

yes, the cannon seems unable to engage effectively.

I think the Israelis placed orders on it.

Comment

well actually... it's a very good start for a country who is slowly opening up to indegeniously built weapons. This is India's first such indeginiously built combat helicopter. So yeah... maybe the "medium" version will see more changes learning from the "light" version. Also, the above chopper is a display model in I believe early 2003. Many changes have already taken place on this chooper.

Comment

The LCH will also have a glass cockpit with multifunction displays, a target acquisition and designation system with FLIR, Laser rangefinder and laser designator. Weapons will be aimed with a helmet mounted sight and there will be an electronic warfare suite with radar warning receiver, laser warning receiver and a missile approach warning system. If you click on the image of that lined diagram on the webpage you will notice that the nose gun does swivel.

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/2839/lch.html

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Im...a2003/LCH.html

Comment

yeah, I did the research on that gun, it actually does swivel, it's placed very much simmilar to that of the RAH-66 Comanche...

Comment

oh yeah and the FLIR completely rotates, up, down, right, left, you get the idea... although it would work even better if placed under the nose rather than over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic
                oh yeah and the FLIR completely rotates, up, down, right, left, you get the idea... although it would work even better if placed under the nose rather than over it.
                I was basing the non swivel on the pics. the version in the pics obviously does not swivel.
                in the specks you shown in the links the FLIR is still poorly placed.

Comment

Originally posted by Terran empire
                  I was basing the non swivel on the pics. the version in the pics obviously does not swivel.
                  in the specks you shown in the links the FLIR is still poorly placed.
                  exactly what i'm saying... the FLIR should be placed at the bottom of the nose instead of the top... and well I don't know about the pics, but the gun does swivel, although it doesn't look like it roatates it does. The cannons are the only thing that rotates, the outer nose is still stationary, simillar to that of the comanche's. The only difference is that the Comanche's rotating mechanism is outside and the LCH's is inside.

Oh yeah, i'm not sure if the cannons rotate sideways, but they DO move up and down.

Comment

yeah, in the pics it seems like the cannons are stationary. I'll try to get some pics of the current state of the LCH cuz i believe thats only a prototype.

Comment

LCH: Could have been designed better than what is seen in forums and posts.

In my opinion, LCH could have been based on the MI-35 Hind (of course, scaled down) with co-axial rotors like the Kamovs. That would make it less vulnerable to crashes due to tail-rotor damage, improve handling and the wings could provide lift while cruising.
                      Schluß und Tschüß
                      sigpic
                      Amicitia Typicus

Comment

Dude Come On!!This must be a new record!! A five year old necropost!
                        The Gunny will probably run out of kittens at this rate.
                        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Oh dear, is this the second or third time this guy has been back this week now?

(Or am I just imagining things?)
                          Last edited by StevoJH; 14 Nov 09,, 11:28.

Comment

Haha, I love necroposters. I spent a good 10 minutes reading this, without realizing.

Comment

I see dead kittens . . . . .
                              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                              X