Model UN Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model UN Forum?

I'm curious, does anyone know of a forum that resembles something like Model UN or Model world? I.E. you have representatives and such of each country and you interact as countries normally would. I'm not sure how it'd work, and it does seem like a complicated system to make it realistic, but I figured someone has made one, but I can seem to find one. Thanks.

Well, we had a Model United Nation (MUN) class back in high school. Don't know if it's still being taught or if there's an online version.

UN sucks. It's entirely too expensive to run for what it does. Does it really take $4 billion a year to run some meetings and humanitarian work?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

MUN was active as of 2002. After that I never heard any news.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        Well, we had a Model United Nation (MUN) class back in high school. Don't know if it's still being taught or if there's an online version.

UN sucks. It's entirely too expensive to run for what it does. Does it really take $4 billion a year to run some meetings and humanitarian work?
        It are only 2 billion per year, not 4. The 4 billion are the whole two-year-budget. (Don't ask me why they have two-years budget instead of one-year budget...)

Comment

As an alumni of the Model League of Nations ( of course I did not represent my homeland since the US wisely refrained from this effort in futile bureacracy ) I offer a piece of advioce for the new year.

Every day of your life the good people of this planet will be looking to you "ace16807" and your fellows for leadership because of the role of power you have assumed. regardless of your ideology you have achieved a role as representative of the totality of what is in my individually protected opinion the greatest nation on God's green earth. Remember that you are an American & although you may not agree with it, you are being observed & monitored by the world. never do anything to bring discredit upon our land or its flag. Live your life in such a manner as to make us proud to have you represent us.

This is part of the difference between leadership & politicianship...& this is why we need more good people to be leaders of men.

happy New Year.
          "If we will not be governed by God then we will be ruled by tyrants" -William Penn

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
            It are only 2 billion per year, not 4. The 4 billion are the whole two-year-budget. (Don't ask me why they have two-years budget instead of one-year budget...)
            That is strange. Bus still, do you really need $2 billion a year to run some meetings and some humanitarian gigs? UN Peacekeeping is toothless and the blue helmets should be changed to security forces for the humanitarian workers.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              That is strange. Bus still, do you really need $2 billion a year to run some meetings and some humanitarian gigs? UN Peacekeeping is toothless and the blue helmets should be changed to security forces for the humanitarian workers.
              But that would mean shooting at people. They can't do that. They're Fr... erree .... European!

Comment

Working...
              X