• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff on PAK-FA new Russian Jet being built

Pak-fa info on it plz

PAK-FA

cudnt resist it
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

and btw this is Land warfare, PAK-FA is defn not under this category!
      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

I know the PAK-FA is for the airforce, but i just wanna know more about it. I want information except that its gonna be built by Russia and France. Can anyone give me specific information on it? ANd yes i know its supposed to be in the airforce category, but I really could care less about putting it there.

Comment

RUSSIAN-FRENCH??? lol, where you getting your info from???
          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

I know the PAK-FA is for the airforce, but i just wanna know more about it. I want information except that its gonna be built by Russia and France. Can anyone give me specific information on it? ANd yes i know its supposed to be in the airforce category, but I really could care less about putting it there.
            Wrong, PAK-FA is not joint-development between France & Russia, but between Russia & India. Russia is the sole developer behind the technology being used in the PAK-FA, India is funding the program.

Supposed PAK-FA designs:

Sukhoi is the developer of Russia's Perspektivnyi Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Frontovoi Aviatsyi fighter. It is planned to be larger than the MiG-29, but smaller than the Su-27. The aircraft will feature a long combat radius, supersonic cruise speed, low radar cross section, super-maneuverability, and the ability to make short takeoffs and landings. In accordance with the technical requirements, the PAK-FA will have a normal takeoff weight of 20 tons, which is close to the average normal takeoff weight of the two American airplanes, the F-35 JSF (17.2 tons) and the F-22 (24 tons). The new fighter (a medium version) will have a traditional wing form, though the experience gathered as a result of Berkut's test flights will be taken in consideration when designing the fighter. It is supposed that it will be created using Stealth technology, and equipped with two AL-41F engines by the Saturn scientific and industrial enterprise, a radar system with an active phased array (to all appearances, it will be produced by the Fazatron-NIIR corporation).

Comment

Severnya,
              all this information is there for years on net. What we are searching for is "what's the status" and competitiveness with other fighters

Comment

Actually the initial question of the thread was:

Pak-fa info on it plz
                -----

Severnya,
                all this information is there for years on net. What we are searching for is "what's the status" and competitiveness with other fighters
                When addressing someone, wouldn't it be apropriate to spell there name correctly?

-----

The current 'status' of the Russian Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Frontovoi Aviatsyi, is this:

The Sukhoi Bureau has been chosen for the development, obviously. With India jointly developing the PAK-FA fighter, helping greatly to increase the development stage of the aircraft by committing massive funds to Sukhoi to boost the development phase.

The first prototype of the PAK-FA is supposedly to take flight in the beginning of 2006, And in 2010 be ready for series production. The first delivery, both for Russian armed forces and for export, would be possible in 2011-12. It is not know what the aircrafts design has cost, but the Defense Ministry has allocated another $1.5 billion

Comment

It looks a great deal like the F-22.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
                    Fighters of 5th Generation, must keep the same form to achieve stealth capabilities. Nearly all fighters of 5th Generation resemble one another, the design of the PAK-FA encorporates the best design for efficent and cost-effective production.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
                      F15 looks a great deal like Su27 or MiG29. So what?

Comment

Wait, Servernava, you mean that India wont contribute any help, meaning technology wise to the development on the jet? Does thsi go for the Brahmos project? India really didnt help out with the science? Crap, all along i thought India was a straight, come to see they are a bunch of cheaters. But remember im just basing my opinion on what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Severnaya
                          Wrong, PAK-FA is not joint-development between France & Russia, but between Russia & India. Russia is the sole developer behind the technology being used in the PAK-FA, India is funding the program.

Supposed PAK-FA designs:

Sukhoi is the developer of Russia's Perspektivnyi Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Frontovoi Aviatsyi fighter. It is planned to be larger than the MiG-29, but smaller than the Su-27. The aircraft will feature a long combat radius, supersonic cruise speed, low radar cross section, super-maneuverability, and the ability to make short takeoffs and landings. In accordance with the technical requirements, the PAK-FA will have a normal takeoff weight of 20 tons, which is close to the average normal takeoff weight of the two American airplanes, the F-35 JSF (17.2 tons) and the F-22 (24 tons). The new fighter (a medium version) will have a traditional wing form, though the experience gathered as a result of Berkut's test flights will be taken in consideration when designing the fighter. It is supposed that it will be created using Stealth technology, and equipped with two AL-41F engines by the Saturn scientific and industrial enterprise, a radar system with an active phased array (to all appearances, it will be produced by the Fazatron-NIIR corporation).
                          There we go one that question mark box was Pissing me off
                          and it looks more f35 JSF then F 22 of course F35 looks a lot like the 22. but wha'ts with the Disk look on the wings?
                          Last edited by Terran empire; 05 Feb 05,, 00:43.

Comment

Well can some expert say somethin about how much stealth does these figures of PAK-Fa signify.

Comment

Originally posted by KONTAKT ERA
                              Pak-fa info on it plz
                              I only have two pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X