Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Sindh be removed from India's national anthem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Sindh be removed from India's national anthem?

http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/jan/03sind.htm

does it really hurt the sentiments of 100 carore people?

Not to the best of my knowledge.

Except, how you then rhyme and the metre would go wrong.

It was written much before the Partition.

Technically, Sindh is not in India. And that is a reality.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Sindhis are. If I'm not mistaken they're a pretty rich bunch.

Comment

As per my Commanding Officer, who was a Sindhi, he said that there are two types of Sindhis. One, the business class, who are very rich and the other was the bureaucrats, who are not rich.

So be it.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

No I'm just guessing, they might feel offended and would mean more problems for India. Its what we say as Khwamkhwa ka panga. They're a powerful bunch too.

Plus they have hot chicks, be nice to hot chicks.

Comment

I can't speak for them, but I don;t think there should be any problem actually.

When unmarried, Sindhis and Punjabi girls have hour glass figures, but after that......:);)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

true that.

Comment

It doesnt hurt to have a "sindh" in our national anthem.
                A part of our history has been associated with sindh.
                And it got away from us. I should say , i am not pretty intrested in getting them back.
                Nor are 100 crore indians.

BTW who other than Indians care about the 'emotions' of 100 crore Indians anyways ?

Comment

If India does use the word Kashmir in place of Sindh, we should register a protest against the Indian government. Other than that, I couldn't care less whether Indians sing about Sindh or Karachi or anywhere else for that matter.

"BTW who other than Indians care about the 'emotions' of 100 crore Indians anyways ?"

Not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
                    If India does use the word Kashmir in place of Sindh, we should register a protest against the Indian government.
                    well, not that it matters to us anywayz
                    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
                      If India does use the word Kashmir in place of Sindh, we should register a protest against the Indian government. Other than that, I couldn't care less whether Indians sing about Sindh or Karachi or anywhere else for that matter.

"BTW who other than Indians care about the 'emotions' of 100 crore Indians anyways ?"

Not me.
                      Why should you protest? Kashmir is still part of India, maybe not all of it but it still is. Just you invade Kashmir and name it Azad Kashmir, that doesn't mean that it's truly Azad.

*sigh* If it wasn't for the nuclear weapons, we'd teach you guys a lesson you'd never forget.
                      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Not me.

The statement is "who other than Indians care ". It means Indians alone care.

Now, if a Kashmiri from POK says he too doesn't care, it is very loaded! ;)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic
                          *sigh* If it wasn't for the nuclear weapons, we'd teach you guys a lesson you'd never forget.
                          Nukes or no nukes makes no difference. We are not intrested in wasting our lives for a useless war.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

the world is moving on ....

i am sure if gentlemen sit together and discuss issues with respect for the other side and TRUE honesty about the realities ..... everything can be sorted out ...

but I guess there are vested interests who wouldn't want our people to progress ...

although I am a believer that eventually everything will be settled with Justice for all ...

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                              Nukes or no nukes makes no difference. We are not intrested in wasting our lives for a useless war.
                              true... true... but if we start and then end the war now, maybe it won't lay the foundations to a bloodier war where the countries are equipped with more modern weapons. I mean you can't trust Pakistan, with their military coups every 10 years, who knows what if after 10 years from Musharaf another wacco General comes and starts another Kargil? All the peace, in another military coup, will probably leave with Musharaf or whatever elected government after him.
                              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Working...
                              X