PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas, Full Metal Jacket style

Shek
20 Dec 07,, 16:51
Just what the Island of Misfit Toys needs!

Z_wqqHN2QOA&feature=bz302

Until I can figure out my major malfunction on doing the video embed, here's the old fashioned hyperlink: YouTube - Full Metal Jacket Christmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_wqqHN2QOA&feature=bz302)

S2
20 Dec 07,, 17:08
You are a sick, sick man. Oh...Merry Christmas to all.

Albany Rifles
20 Dec 07,, 18:48
I can't do You Tube at work..Is this where the Gunny has the platoon sing Happy Birthday to Jesus? I love that bit.

S2
20 Dec 07,, 19:18
Not quite. Just wait till you get home. Keep the volume low if any kids around.

cato
20 Dec 07,, 23:10
Wow...just, wow! I was under the impression that R.L. Ermey's performance was impossible to improve upon. My mistake.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, DRILL SERGEANT!!!!

Cato

S2
21 Dec 07,, 00:21
Scares the crap outta me!:biggrin:

Albany Rifles
21 Dec 07,, 03:46
I bow before your Stryker badass-ness.

That is f-ing outstanding!!!!

I wonder how it will go over at my next Scout meeting?

I always said Herby was a candyass!!!

BTW, you will appreciate that we always called the doctrine writers and other miscreants in CASCOM the Island of Misfit Toys...I even bought my boss a Snowman doll from the show to commemorate!!!

I still love the Happy Birthday song in the movie!!!!

freedomisntfree
05 Jan 08,, 11:50
I prefer the original version!!!

Shek
13 Dec 08,, 12:45
It's that time of year again :)

Drats! YouTube pulled the video. Links to the video here: http://www.truveo.com/Rudolph/id/386455939

Shamus
13 Dec 08,, 15:56
Classic Major,absolutely classic:cool::biggrin:

tankie
13 Dec 08,, 16:17
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: , great fun ,, all the best to everyone for the coming festivities ,, hic

Albany Rifles
15 Dec 08,, 16:33
See my comments from 12-20-2007

Ditto

Shek
23 Nov 09,, 00:10
With the Christmas music on the radio now, it's time to bump this thread again :)) Here's a YT embed that appears to be working.

ydF9rHC02Hg

S2
23 Nov 09,, 00:45
GdytWbl9sh8

"Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few Marines! God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?"

Merry Christmas and happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you.

That is all...

Albany Rifles
23 Nov 09,, 15:09
GdytWbl9sh8

"Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few Marines! God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?"

Merry Christmas and happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you.

That is all...

The absolute, stone cold, cast iron lock best use of the song Happy Birthday in American cinemagraphic history.

Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

tankie
24 Nov 09,, 12:47
This is funny .:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rER4dHAFEY

antonio
24 Nov 09,, 15:29
Ahhh the good old sarge... I bet this thread will really come alive in a few weeks.

tankie
27 Nov 09,, 17:18
Have a good xmas guys n gals ;)

tankie
27 Nov 09,, 17:26
I wanna celebrate like this with my mate yella :biggrin:

S2
25 Dec 09,, 12:33
Merry Christmas to all.:)

Shek
11 Dec 10,, 15:55
It's that time of year again!

bigross86
11 Dec 10,, 17:33
wskT6YfVB6E

S2
11 Dec 10,, 19:40
Nice addition, Rossie.

Red Seven
12 Dec 10,, 00:07
I think it was Kubrick's intention to make the Marines look bad, like psychotic killers. But the characters are so close to the real thing, that in spite of the anti-war gist and a few stupid lines about Lee Harvey Oswald, Ermey's portrayal has become an undisputed classic. We are not psychotic killers but we are efficient ones.

It's always bothered me that in the film, Kubrick has Ermey lauding Oswald and his shots at JFK as great Marine shooting, which it wasn't by any means. 100 yards at a slow moving target is nothing to Marines who---at that time--qualled at 200, 300 and 500 yards with the M14. Oswald I think qualled a Marksman, (with the M1) the lowest of all the rifle marksmanship levels, with Sharpshooter and Expert above it. Aside from that, a real DI of the time would never have rejoiced in the death of JFK, a Naval hero, anti-Communist, supporter of the Corps and one of the architects of our participation in Vietnam.

Having gotten all of that off my chest,

Merry Christmas and Semper Fidelis

Parihaka
12 Dec 10,, 02:03
Heh, someone after my own heart

mTbpuQzMnxA

bigross86
12 Dec 10,, 09:41
Awesome!

tankie
12 Dec 10,, 17:42
Happy xmas Wabbers ferkensterker style

YouTube - Kevin Bloody Wilson Hey Santa Claus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEe55NxFSSU)

Me and the ex on a romantic xmas trip ;):whome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZZ3Hv93q1Y