Glyn has been banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glyn has been banned

Actually it's his birthday today (Sixty-Eight big ones!) and I figured, what better present to give him than his very own penalty box?

So, for the time being, Glyn will be unable to post or read anything on the World Affairs Board.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

I have no idea what prompted all of that. My apologies to all involved. Which in this case consists solely of Glyn. And anybody who might have been offended by the blatant misuse of my god-like powers and the public exposure of my titanic ego. Did you know that the Titanic was carrying the legal number of lifeboats?
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

LOL, happy birthday ya old geezer
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Woohoo one day free reign to make fun of glyn without him responding.

A board I used to participate had a ritual of banning posters hitting posting milestones like 1000, 5000, 10000. Mods would ban each other.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Happy birthday Glyn!

@ Gunnut please dont give any ideas lol :P

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          Woohoo one day free reign to make fun of glyn without him responding.

A board I used to participate had a ritual of banning posters hitting posting milestones like 1000, 5000, 10000. Mods would ban each other.
          There will be none of that here. Besides, this is Glyn's thread and if you attempt to derail it again, I'll ban you for the rest of your natural life.

Oh, speaking of which, I just saw The Natural again last night, you know with Robert Redford? Yeah, it was just as good as I remember it and anyway the night before that...
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

[QUOTE=gunnut;434866]Woohoo one day free reign to make fun of glyn without him responding.

Ha! We fooled you, Num(b)nut
            Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Happy B-day Glyn... you're still 12 years and 2 weeks younger than our oldest member. He was listening to the radio about the invasion of Poland before you were even born!
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Happy Birthday! The WAB definitely wouldn't be the same without you. Of course I meant that in a good way!;)
                Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Happy birthday Glyn!
                  I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Palju õnne sünnipäevaks ! Happy Birthday , Glyn !
                    If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                      Happy B-day Glyn... you're still 12 years and 2 weeks younger than our oldest member. He was listening to the radio about the invasion of Poland before you were even born!
                      Radio!! You do mean Wireless don't you?;)

Glyn, so you tried to keep your Birthday a secret from the WABbers eh! I bet you never thought that there was anyone who could decipher a Hieroglyphic Birth Certificate:)) All the Very Best you Old Cornish Codger:)

Comment

What?? Glyn is still here:(

happy birthday glyn
                        Last edited by Jay; 07 Dec 07,, 00:36.
                        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                          There will be none of that here. Besides, this is Glyn's thread and if you attempt to derail it again, I'll ban you for the rest of your natural life.
                          Party pooper
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Happy birthday. Glyn. Just don't do anything I wouldn't do, & you'll be alright.
                            If you know the enemy and yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu

Comment

Happy Birthday. You old fart:) :P

Comment

Working...
                              X