PDA

View Full Version : Soccer World Cup 2010

Traps
02 Dec 07,, 22:11
Sky News sent a reporter to South Africa to see how dangerous it is ahead of the world cup.

He was mortified :

Thought Leader Michael Trapido Sky News report on Jo'burg an outrage requiring a response (http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/traps/2007/12/01/sky-news-report-on-johannesburg-an-outrage-requiring-a-response/)

That's our response :)

glyn
02 Dec 07,, 22:23
Sky News sent a reporter to South Africa to see how dangerous it is ahead of the world cup.

He was mortified :

Thought Leader Michael Trapido Sky News report on Jo'burg an outrage requiring a response (http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/traps/2007/12/01/sky-news-report-on-johannesburg-an-outrage-requiring-a-response/)

That's our response :)

I approve of fair and balanced reporting.:)

Traps
02 Dec 07,, 22:49
It's the least I could do.:)

Shamus
02 Dec 07,, 23:43
Sounds very similar to my beautiful city of Detroit,Mike.Where's the problem??;) :biggrin:

Traps
03 Dec 07,, 07:07
...hold a second while I plug this intruder with my Glock.....:)

Where was I?

Safety fears!?

How dare they?!

Officer of Engineers
03 Dec 07,, 07:54
Michael old boy, you a scotch drinker? Well, another member of our prestigious club - it's Oban for me this night.

Traps
03 Dec 07,, 07:57
Mind you the odd Chivas is not too shabby....

HistoricalDavid
03 Dec 07,, 17:18
If by some Keira-Knightley-slim chance England win this, I will actually leave the country. As my brother's MSN screen-name says: "ENGLAND YOU ARE CRAP. DISENGAGE FROM THE FOOTBALLING SUPERPOWER MINDSET ALREADY." If 1966 is repeated then England will be gloating well into the future, when football is actually played with our cybernetically enhanced telepathy-capable brains and not the feet.

New Hampshire sounds nice. Do they need high-school English teachers?

glyn
03 Dec 07,, 17:39
New Hampshire sounds nice. Do they need high-school English teachers?

New Hampshire is as much like Hampshire as New York is the spitting image of York.:eek:

HistoricalDavid
03 Dec 07,, 17:43
I didn't mind Hampshire when I visited at the grand age of about nine, but I didn't have that particular comparison in mind. :tongue: More like the Live Free or Die mentality along with the New English heritage.

Traps
03 Dec 07,, 18:21
Of course England can win!

Oh my a flock of pigs just flew past my window...

Officer of Engineers
03 Dec 07,, 18:40
You shouldn't let your wife drive your pigs to the auction barn.

glyn
03 Dec 07,, 19:50
You shouldn't let your wife drive your pigs to the auction barn.

Certainly not when the wind's that strong!

dave lukins
03 Dec 07,, 20:29
it's Oban for me this night.

Feeling flush are we Colonel...Oban on a Monday:rolleyes:

Traps
04 Dec 07,, 07:06
"Colonel"?

I'm honoured - When I served two years in our artillery I was a bombardier who trained officers on course during my second year.

First year I did officers course.

Artillery School in Potchefstroom 1982/3

Um..er...cough..I worked for my money...not like those bloody offic...but I've said enough already!

Officer of Engineers
04 Dec 07,, 07:27
My job was to make sure that you can do your job ... and nobody else wanted my job.

tankie
04 Dec 07,, 07:41
[QUOTE=HistoricalDavid;433558]If by some Keira-Knightley-slim chance England win this, I will actually leave the country. As my brother's MSN screen-name says: "ENGLAND YOU ARE CRAP. DISENGAGE FROM THE FOOTBALLING SUPERPOWER MINDSET ALREADY."
QUOTE]

Jeez H/D do you mean we have actually qualified to be there ???:rolleyes:

Traps
04 Dec 07,, 07:54
Your job is to eat all the pies while we hit the front with the troops!

tankie
04 Dec 07,, 07:57
Your job is to eat all the pies while we hit the front with the troops!

Not me mate , im a strict , boiled rice and deep fried locust fan now .

soutie
04 Dec 07,, 11:30
the next world cup should be quite intresting,the football hooligans there make the supporters from Millwall or Roma look like boy scouts ,its not the security in the ground i am worried about ,but if any of you have been to the waterfront in cape town can any of you imagine Italian supporters and lets say england supporters sitting in the same pub drinking ,i can,t thats why i a and always will be an ex player and a supporter of the real beautifull game

soutie
04 Dec 07,, 11:31
and that game is rugby go the bokke

Traps
04 Dec 07,, 17:48
Where you from?

That name suggests down here.

Officer of Engineers
04 Dec 07,, 17:54
Your job is to eat all the pies while we hit the front with the troops!Hey, gunny bunny, I'm an engineer. I' walk to the FEBA, not sitting in the rear with the air conditioned trucks.

Traps
04 Dec 07,, 20:35
We don't have time to sit in aircon trucks - As soon as we fired on a target we had to pack up and move - or eat the shells coming back at us.

Even then they plotted where those incomings were coming from
in a matter of minutes.

Officer of Engineers
05 Dec 07,, 07:07
Michael,

I'm failing badly at trying to put you at ease. I'm retired and my rank is only used here when trying to portray certain aspects of my job. There are few posters here senior in rank than me, most notably the good Brigadier Ray of the Indian Army.

The only thing I can fault you on vis-a-vi rank is that ... you don't know a good single malt scotch.

Officer of Engineers
05 Dec 07,, 07:07
Michael,

I'm failing badly at trying to put you at ease. I'm retired and my rank is only used here when trying to portray certain aspects of my job. There are few posters here senior in rank than me, most notably the good Brigadier Ray of the Indian Army.

The only thing I can fault you on vis-a-vi rank is that ... you don't know a good single malt scotch.

Parihaka
05 Dec 07,, 07:17
and that game is rugby go the bokke

What the hell happened in the ba-ba's game?:eek:

RamHammer
05 Dec 07,, 07:45
I can't wait! All the excitement and, the Nationailsm; it's great! Too bad Israel didn't make the cut (they never do:tongue: ).

Any word of the location for 2014?:biggrin:

soutie
05 Dec 07,, 10:19
Where you from?

That name suggests down here.

yep born in zimbabwe arrived in Cape town in 1982 ,boarding school,then the military,thats where i got my nick name from have,nt been back to Sunnu South africa in 4 years .i currently reside in spain:biggrin:

soutie
05 Dec 07,, 10:20
What the hell happened in the ba-ba's game?:eek:
he he our third team ;)

soutie
05 Dec 07,, 10:22
We don't have time to sit in aircon trucks - As soon as we fired on a target we had to pack up and move - or eat the shells coming back at us.

Even then they plotted where those incomings were coming from
in a matter of minutes.

i think you where a kannon donkey:)) G5 OR G6 i was mechanised infantry
61 mech

Traps
05 Dec 07,, 17:24
You put me at ease from day 1 - But an officer still doesn't earn his pay :)

Pari the Baa Baas was a funday game.

Soutie - for the uninitiated is the Afrikaans name for an Englishman in the army. He has one foot in South Africa one foot in England and his "piel"(guess) hangs in the sea which is salty hence - Sout (salty) Piel.