• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan in WW1?

Was Japan involved in anyway in WW1?

Nope!!!

Comment

Yes, it was, Japan was on the allied side, and lost around 400 soldiers (as far as I can remember). Can't tell you when or where, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
        Yes, it was, Japan was on the allied side, and lost around 400 soldiers (as far as I can remember). Can't tell you when or where, I'm afraid.
        Thanks for the help lol. I did a search and found they were involved in attacking the German held port of Tienstein in 1916 and that they send some warships to Gallopli and the Middle East later in the war.

Comment

No problem :D

Now that I think about it, I can remember a reading about a Japanese presence in the Gallipoli campaign. Most people associate Gallipoli with ANZAC soliders only, but there were quite a few nationalities, I remember there was a large consignment of Senegalese there too.

I hadn't heard about Japan's naval role in the war, or the attack on Teinstein, but it sounds interesting.

Comment

Now that I think about it, I can remember a reading about a Japanese presence in the Gallipoli campaign. Most people associate Gallipoli with ANZAC soliders only, but there were quite a few nationalities, I remember there was a large consignment of Senegalese there too.

I hadn't heard about Japan's naval role in the war, or the attack on Teinstein, but it sounds interesting.
            Yup, French Foreign Legion, French colonial troops from various places, British, im sure there are more.

Comment

there was an early mel gibson movie about gallipoli wasnt there?
              "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                Yup, French Foreign Legion, French colonial troops from various places, British, im sure there are more.
                Indian and Gurkha regiments as well
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by griftadan
                  there was an early mel gibson movie about gallipoli wasnt there?
                  yep, 1981, called Gallipoli, directed by Peter Weir
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

wasnt there a *** cruiser sunk by a Unterseeboot?
                    The conquerer mourns, the conquerer is undone.

Comment

Working...
                    X