Realism level of FPS's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realism level of FPS's

I've just played Call Of Duty 4 computer game...it looks quite realistic...

CALL OF DUTY

what are your thoughts about this realism???
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

What machine do you play it on?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl is another good one.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        What machine do you play it on?
        a very good PC :)...i dont like game consoles...a friend of mine have a internet house, we have around 90 high performance PCs and Local Area NEtwork :) and a LOT of game loving friends apprx. 27 years old average :) hehehe so this is a good recipee for hours of high quality gaming :P
        Last edited by Big K; 28 Nov 07,, 10:45.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

I'm hoping I will get it for Christmas (for Xbox 360).

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
            a very good PC :)...i dont like game consoles...a friend of mine have a internet house, we have around 90 high performance PCs and Local Area NEtwork :) and a LOT of game loving friends apprx. 27 years old average :) hehehe so this is a good recipee for hours of high quality gaming :P
            Nice.

I remember my LAN days when we brought our PCs to a friend's barn and played all-nighters. Back then CS was the popular game. I was a master at the auto shotgun. People hated me for that.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
              I'm hoping I will get it for Christmas (for Xbox 360).
              You don't play Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

Comment

The closest I've been to real combat is paintball and that has a level of fear and sheer confusion - about what the hell is going on around you - that is simply completely absent from every FPS I've ever played. I expect real combat is the same effect x 1000 and heavily dosed with incredible noise from the thunder of guns.

Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield 2 come close to spectacular excitement but they like every FPS cannot replicate the fear and the physical exertion of anything like real combat.

Input from real veterans - particularly infantry - would be appreciated.
                HD Ready?

Comment

Anyone noticed a discrepancy in Big K's first picture with Marines roping out of the Blackhawk? (I'm assuming this is from the first chapter of COD4 when the USMC tries to capture the ME coup leader)

Comment

The Source engine's physics engine has still not been beaten, IMO.
                    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by LongshotSNN View Post
                      Anyone noticed a discrepancy in Big K's first picture with Marines roping out of the Blackhawk? (I'm assuming this is from the first chapter of COD4 when the USMC tries to capture the ME coup leader)
                      Helo says US Army?

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
                        The closest I've been to real combat is paintball and that has a level of fear and sheer confusion - about what the hell is going on around you - that is simply completely absent from every FPS I've ever played. I expect real combat is the same effect x 1000 and heavily dosed with incredible noise from the thunder of guns.

Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield 2 come close to spectacular excitement but they like every FPS cannot replicate the fear and the physical exertion of anything like real combat.

Input from real veterans - particularly infantry - would be appreciated.
                        i absolutely agree with you.

i mean any video game can not match a real life experience.... :)

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          Helo says US Army?
                          A talking helicopter? What ever will they think up next?
                          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                            A talking helicopter? What ever will they think up next?
                            there is a game named "BAttlefield Vietnam" in this game players can drive all vehicles from Uh-1h Choppers to vespa scooters(North Vietnamese soldiers are using this as a highly mobile gunship :) ). the thing is all this vehicles has a radio. if you press a button you can see the playlist which contains some very good songs of 60's and 70's..also published as a soundtrack. the effect is: for exemple during gameplay as a Vietnamese soldier you sneak to US base you hide in high grass...you hear music from a passing Chopper (which carry a tank! :) ).....it was awesome :)

the playlist was:
                            The Box Tops - "The Letter"
                            Count Five - "Psychotic Reaction"
                            Bobby Fuller Four - "I Fought the Law"
                            Canned Heat - "On the Road Again"
                            Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Fortunate Son"
                            Deep Purple - "Hush"
                            Edwin Starr - "War"
                            Rare Earth - "Get Ready"
                            Jefferson Airplane - "Somebody to Love"
                            The Kinks - "All Day And All Of The Night"
                            The Trashmen - "Surfin' Bird"
                            Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - "Nowhere to Run"
                            Jefferson Airplane - "White Rabbit"
                            The Troggs - "Wild Thing"
                            Budapest Symphony Orchestra - "The Ride of the Valkyries"
                            The Guess Who - "Shakin' All Over"
                            The Kinks - "You Really Got Me"

Comment

Working...
                            X