Funniest job interview ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest job interview ever

A short film where two guys have to face off against each other and compete for a rather unsavory job.

Best job interview ever Video

New member, I recommend you fill out your public profile and make an introduction thread in the appropriate forum.

Comment

I'll tell you a couple true stories of job interviews(failed) that I had years ago. I didn't find them funny at the time...

1. Woman interviewer, attractive blonde. Constantly leaning over the table to point things out to me on the application. She asks me to fill something in further, like secondary phone number of something. As I do so, I see her in peripheral vision unbuttoning her blouse another button. Poor me, I was raised entrirely by women and thought it rude to indulge in these situations. I did not get the job :( (Should have said "Nice rack, baby!")

2. Male interviewer. It's going well. Then he comes out from behind his desk and sits/leans on his desk directly in front of where I was sitting. Crotch approximately 3 feet from my face at eye level. I couldn't handle it and had to stand up. Visibly upset, he asks me what was wrong, and I decided to explain. Would have likely got the job anyway, but there was no way...

3. Interviewer was owner of construction company in a trailer on the jobsite. Tells me I didnt have hireable skills, which was true at the time, but he does it in a very snotty way. I tell him "You are rude", drawing gasps from the various secretaries in the trailer. He erupts and I wait patiently for to finally hear him spout "YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN AGAIN!" Hilarity ensues, totally demeaning the King of Fairbanks. I think he needed new secretaries after that. I did not get the job.

4. My favorite. My friend was heading home after a full day of looking for work. He passes a tire shop, firestone or whatever it was. Help wanted sign outside, he decides to put in an application there as well. In the space allotted for Stupid Question #13, namely "Why do you want to work here?", he puts down: "Looks like easy work. Monkey see, monkey do."

I swear to god he had a message on the machine when he got home saying can he start Monday!

Comment

My friend went in to drop an application at a lodge because he saw a 'Vacancies' board hanging outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarven Pirate View Post
          I'll tell you a couple true stories of job interviews(failed) that I had years ago. I didn't find them funny at the time...

1. Woman interviewer, attractive blonde. Constantly leaning over the table to point things out to me on the application. She asks me to fill something in further, like secondary phone number of something. As I do so, I see her in peripheral vision unbuttoning her blouse another button. Poor me, I was raised entrirely by women and thought it rude to indulge in these situations. I did not get the job :( (Should have said "Nice rack, baby!")
          You should have said "I have seen the top of the mountain, and the view is good."

Name that quote. :))

2. Male interviewer. It's going well. Then he comes out from behind his desk and sits/leans on his desk directly in front of where I was sitting. Crotch approximately 3 feet from my face at eye level. I couldn't handle it and had to stand up. Visibly upset, he asks me what was wrong, and I decided to explain. Would have likely got the job anyway, but there was no way...
          Normally you would just keep focusing on his eyes. Maintaining eye contact is important.

3. Interviewer was owner of construction company in a trailer on the jobsite. Tells me I didnt have hireable skills, which was true at the time, but he does it in a very snotty way. I tell him "You are rude", drawing gasps from the various secretaries in the trailer. He erupts and I wait patiently for to finally hear him spout "YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN AGAIN!" Hilarity ensues, totally demeaning the King of Fairbanks. I think he needed new secretaries after that. I did not get the job.
          I don't think you would want to work there anyways, even if he hires you.

4. My favorite. My friend was heading home after a full day of looking for work. He passes a tire shop, firestone or whatever it was. Help wanted sign outside, he decides to put in an application there as well. In the space allotted for Stupid Question #13, namely "Why do you want to work here?", he puts down: "Looks like easy work. Monkey see, monkey do."

I swear to god he had a message on the machine when he got home saying can he start Monday!
          Now that's funny.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
          X