PDA

View Full Version : An Email I recieved

Kansas Bear
13 Nov 07,, 19:45
A little history lesson: If you don't know the answer make your best guess. Answer all the questions before looking at the answers. Who said it?
1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

A. Karl Marx
B. Adolph Hitler
C. Joseph Stalin
D. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...and to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity."

A. Lenin
B. Mussolini
C. Idi Amin
D. None of the Above

3) "(We)...can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

A. Nikita Khrushev
B. Jose f Goebbels
C. Boris Yeltsin
D. None of the above

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own...in order to create this common ground."

A. Mao Tse Dung
B. Hugo Chavez
C. Kim Jong Il
D. None of the above

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

A. Karl Marx
B. Lenin
C. Molotov
D. None of the above

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

A. Pinochet
B. Milosevic
C. Saddam Hussein
D. None of the above

Answers:

(1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004
(2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007
(3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid

:eek:

gunnut
13 Nov 07,, 21:35
HA! I was just muttering to myself these things sound like they came from Hilary.

I was right. :biggrin:

crooks
13 Nov 07,, 22:13
That's hilarious! - was it a spam or chain?

Or even possibly a genuine political activist?

Feanor
13 Nov 07,, 22:36
Good bye America. You guys don't need Putin's nukes to kill you (despite what riskusn might claim), you'll do it on your own. You don't even need our encouragement.

gunnut
13 Nov 07,, 22:49
That's hilarious! - was it a spam or chain?

Or even possibly a genuine political activist?

Consider each statement has accompanying date, I would say these are genuine.

Of course the letter itself was probably crafted by a conservative political person/group.

gunnut
13 Nov 07,, 22:50
Good bye America. You guys don't need Putin's nukes to kill you (despite what riskusn might claim), you'll do it on your own. You don't even need our encouragement.

If Hilary fails, we can be sure Putin is waiting on the wings. :biggrin:

Ironduke
13 Nov 07,, 23:36
While I don't necessarily agree with many of Senator Clinton's policies and proposals, I think it's a bit outlandish to compare her to the worst tyrants of all history. These quotes are all highly out of context as well.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: 'Marxist' Quotes from Hillary Clinton (http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/marxist.asp)

HistoricalDavid
13 Nov 07,, 23:45
Yes, I read the Snopes article ages ago as well. It sorta takes the bite off once you realise that many quotes have been taken out of context or just flat-out misquoten.

Not politically constructive at all, just dishonest. But hey, it's all for the greater good of stopping America sliding into oblivion and the fires of damnation.

Feanor
13 Nov 07,, 23:45
If Hilary fails, we can be sure Putin is waiting on the wings. :biggrin:

Putin waiting? No no no. I'M waiting :cool:

TopHatter
14 Nov 07,, 00:24
While I don't necessarily agree with many of Senator Clinton's policies and proposals, I think it's a bit outlandish to compare her to the worst tyrants of all history. These quotes are all highly out of context as well.
Indeed, I also don't agree with the comparison of Clinton to those thugs.
It's also useful to look at remarks in context.

Snopes.com is a must before I forward anything I've received via e-mail or heard somewhere.

HistoricalDavid
14 Nov 07,, 00:29
Snopes is a must just for their piece against slacktivism alone.

We can't claim credit for having coined this term, nor do we know its actual origin, but we love it nonetheless. Slacktivism is the search for the ultimate feel-good that derives from having come to society's rescue without actually getting one's hands dirty, volunteering any of one's time, or opening one's wallet. It's slacktivism that prompts us to forward appeals for business cards on behalf of a dying child intent upon having his name recorded in the Guinness World Book of Records or exhortations to others to continue circulating a particular e-mail because some big company has supposedly promised that every forward will generate monies for the care of a languishing tot. Likewise, it's slacktivism that prompts us to want to join a boycott of designated gas companies or eschew buying gasoline on a particular day rather than reduce our personal consumption of fossil fuels by driving less and taking the bus more often. Slacktivism comes in many forms, but its defining characteristic is its central theme of doing good with little or no effort on the part of the person inspired to participate, through the mechanisms of forwarding, exhorting, collecting, or e-signing.

God Bless Snopes.