boy soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boy soldiers

This rumour has probably done the rounds already but...have any of you heard about boy soldiers (11 or so years old) being court marshalled for desertion during the falklands war ?

On who's side? The Argies? I have never heard of this.

Would make interesting reading if anyone else has thought...

Comment

I can't believe this. It would have been splashed all over the papers especially in the UK. I know a lot of Falkland vets', not one mentioned seeing any kids in uniform.

Comment

The Falklands was after they raised the age from 16 to 18 for combat I think.

Must be an Argie thing if its true, which I doubt.

Comment

There are isolated incidents. I personally know of one Sapper originally from Rhodesia who lied about his age and joined the SADF at 15. His family had been killed and their farm burnt out. He fled to South Africa but couldn't find enough steady work in South Africa to support himself and family. He joined the army for 3 meals a day and 45 rand a month (around $7). That's hungry!
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

I Highly doubt this considering this was after they raised the age from 16 to 18. Or am i mistaken i could see maybe a kid lieing about his age to fight but for a whole bunch of youngsters to be fighting this would be all over the news..

Comment

Working...
            X